News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Have you heard about...? (Politics edition)

Started by VDB, November 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Seriously tho, what a fucking shit show this has become. And the only reason, because trump and his people don't know how to vet. They consistently have had shit blow up in their face, time and time again, over a basic lack of vetting and preparation.  :shakehead:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: gah on September 28, 2018, 03:57:04 PM
Seriously tho, what a fucking shit show this has become. And the only reason, because trump and his people don't know how to vet. They consistently have had shit blow up in their face, time and time again, over a basic lack of vetting and preparation.  :shakehead:

My understanding is Kavanaugh is literally the ONLY person McConnell told trump not to put through because he wasnt sure he could get him in. But Kavanaugh doesnt think a president should be held responsible for anything.....so there ya go.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

mopper_smurf

Quote from: gah on September 28, 2018, 02:34:26 PM
^^^ Now THAT is brilliant!  :clap: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

HILARIOUS!!!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Thrillhouse

Great article came out yesterday in Esquire. It wont be changing the world, but it is very well written and makes some very interesting points.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a23471864/devin-nunes-family-farm-iowa-california/

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Read that Esquire piece yesterday—fascinating. I don't think either of our major politicL parties has a responsible and ethical approach to immigration reform at this point.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Thrillhouse

runawayjimbo

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 02, 2018, 02:37:31 PM
I feel a lot of feelings reading this.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/brett-kavanaugh-slapped-with-two-official-ethics-complaints-in-d-c-circuit-court/

Is one of them "oh well this seems brazenly cynical and partisan?" Cause if so, same.

QuoteThe two extant ethics complaints against Kavanaugh were filed by the Democratic Coalition, a Super PAC led by Democratic Party fixture Scott Dworkin and previously profiled by Law&Crime here.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

I'm only about halfway through this one - but it's fucking intense. The most extensive investigative reporting on Trump's money ever. This is gonna be news!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Thrillhouse

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 02, 2018, 05:36:15 PM
I'm only about halfway through this one - but it's fucking intense. The most extensive investigative reporting on Trump's money ever. This is gonna be news!

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

this is REALLY REALLY bad for him. Sometimes, life throws the good guys one though heh.

mbw

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 02, 2018, 07:17:31 PM

this is REALLY REALLY bad for him. Sometimes, life throws the good guys one though heh.

Nan's.  Like all rich, white, ivy league men, he made his money through hard work.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mbw on October 02, 2018, 07:55:41 PM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 02, 2018, 07:17:31 PM

Nan's.  Like all rich, white, ivy league men, he made his money through hard work.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

It's disrespectful to UPenn to refer to Trump as an "Ivey League man." Just sayin.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

good article

in normal times, it would have a major impact.

in 2018, this is meaningless. GOP leadership doesn't give a shit about anything except power. Trump blows the head of the "Evil Empire" and nothing happened.
this article won't change a damn thing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ytowndan

Looks like Flake and Collins are satisfied with the FBI report and, to no one's surprise, Kavanaugh will be confirmed this weekend.  :shakehead:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sunrisevt

Motherfuckers.

Everyone got their torches & pitchforks ready?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.