News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"seperating" tracks

Started by Gundo, October 10, 2015, 12:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

Let's say I have an entire show all compiled in to one file and I want to separate the individual tracks. What is the best/ least amount of hassle way to go about doing so?

Thanks

mattstick

Gundo

Thanks Mattstick! How much do those usually cost at best buy?

rowjimmy

Best Buy?
What mattstick is suggesting is: if you're a PC user, get this: http://www.milosoftware.com/en/index.php?body=cdwave.php

phil

Damn. I wish I'd known about that in high school. The first 3-4 phish shows I downloaded were like that (the whole show in one file) and I royally fucked up splitting them out into different tracks.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Augustus

Also, pick up the latest edition of "spellcheck" while you're there.

GBL

I would recommend audacity, mainly because it was the first thing that came up when I googled how to split audio tracks..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

I would look at any text file of a show you have downloaded.

mattstick

I'm imagining some kind of magical box at Best Buy that takes your music and splits it into tracks...

I'm sure Adobe Audition and almost any other semi-pro audio editing application can do it, CD-WAV is just super easy, intuitive and free.

Augustus

Yeah, still use CDWAV for any mixes and stuff I make.

Hicks

Quote from: EdBanky on October 10, 2015, 07:08:23 AM
Thanks Mattstick! How much do those usually cost at best buy?

I can get you one for $500. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gundo

Can't seem to find any on Craigslist.

Augustus

Quote from: EdBanky on October 10, 2015, 01:18:46 PM

Check Ft. Worth area CL.
There's usually a ton there for some reason.

mbw

Quote from: Augustus on October 10, 2015, 01:34:08 PM
Quote from: EdBanky on October 10, 2015, 01:18:46 PM

Check Ft. Worth area CL.
There's usually a ton there for some reason.

Augustus