News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Thoughts about Treys new band

Started by zenster, May 11, 2005, 08:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZYED

I totally hear you...although I woulda thought moving on would mean moving past all the old material all together.  But hey whatever....

This is total rumor and I dont even really believe it but someone told me trey had canned the new bassist already and the album wasnt even going to be released~!  We'll just have to see I guess.

And whats up with livephish.com, is trey not releasing every show cause some of them were so bad or what?

mattstick

Quote from: CRAZYED
This is total rumor and I dont even really believe it but someone told me trey had canned the new bassist already and the album wasnt even going to be released~!  We'll just have to see I guess.

Maybe that's an old rumor about Tony Levin being dropped - clearly something happened there, I believe Tony Levin and Trey may have had some sort of falling out, and Trey put together the current line-up at the last minute.  

Perhaps Trey is removing Levin's bass parts from the album too?  Who knows.  

Apparently Trey was in a NYC studio on the off day between Milwaukee and Chicago recording more stuff for the album - maybe having Mike lay down some tracks?

An update would be nice!

CRAZYED

No the rumor I heard was about Phil Lesh's stunt double, not Levin.  But like I said, definatly did not come from what I would consider a reliable source.  Id like to hear mike on the album for sure~!!!

mattstick

Quote from: CRAZYED
And whats up with livephish.com, is trey not releasing every show cause some of them were so bad or what?

I doubt that's the case - the Nashville livephish SBD has a wonky mix and mediocre performance, I hope they get around to releasing everything, but I'm not optimistic.

rowjimmy

I can second that 'rumour'.

I'm told that he's not happy with the band and is reassembling to re-record the album AGAIN.
I didn't hear specifically the bassist was the problem but, if I were to guess...

CRAZYED

The same person told me Skeeto was going to.........but who knows.  There are always a million rumors flying around, 95% or more are never even true.

jedifunk

funny, cuz i thought trey was lovin skeeto!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

CRAZYED

That is exactly what I thought.  But just like 70vp reviews, some people say this guy is the shit others call him the worst drummer ever.  Personally I think he's the love child between Tek Money from MTV real world, dennis rodman and willis from the cosby show.

susep

In a lot of ways it seems that Dark Star, the oral biography of Jerry Garcia has taught Trey lessons about the dangers of excessive touring(decades).  For example letting an old, cranky, out of date ship(the Grateful Dead Corporation) continue to do its thing in maintainig the status quo of everyone on board(staff etc...) whereas Trey "derailed it".  Also the idea that Garcia had blown several key jam opportunities because of his duty to the Dead, Trey calls his own shots.

August

i heard that they were kicking trey out!aug

YEMfreely

august  
Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:16 am  

i heard that they were kicking trey out!aug

We could only be so lucky

zenster

They need to boot Skeeto and call in Rodney Holmes
Enjoy!