News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Why Phish fans?

Started by zaudragon, April 19, 2007, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I had to quit my job to kick my $50+ a week habit.   :-o
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Quote from: Harry Gooch on April 19, 2007, 04:01:28 PM
I had to quit my job to kick my $50+ a week habit.   :-o
if your paying that much in x-rated cable fees, I have two words brah:

NET FLIX  :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: uglyroomer on April 19, 2007, 03:54:59 PM
thanks.. it really is a support group. 

or maybe you all are enabling me to dive deeper into it. 

it is a good thing!

i second that.
you guys welcome with open arms..
for than i'm thankful.  :beers:

that's probably why i'm a phan.
on top of tight tunes and beautiful words played/sung by amazing artists.

you can't ask for a better combination    :clap:

i'm mandi and that's why i'm a phish fan
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

August

Quote from: phan003 on April 19, 2007, 07:34:47 PM

I thought Ikki worked for NetFlix?
Seriously.
a

Hicks

Quote from: August on April 19, 2007, 08:05:19 PM
I thought Ikki worked for NetFlix?
Seriously.
a

Ikki?  Never heard of him. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on April 19, 2007, 07:34:47 PM

It's one word by the way, at least that's what it says on my hoodie and coffee mug.

August

This is completely unrelated, but in Science class way back, you could volunteer to be the person to "turn the screen" on the film projector.
I would always, at least once, spit on part of the film, so that when i turned it, it would look all fucked up and distorted.

Just thought i would share that with everyone since no one else knew that i did it for about three years.
Thanks.
a

rowjimmy

You forgot to add:
"Love and Kisses,
a"

mbw

walked into deer creek '95 (first show) after our bus driver got lost in the corn fields..... during fish riding the high hat at the beginning of bowie (2nd song, 2nd set)...how many ever thousand people completely in tune to what was going on on stage...no talking...thousands focused on what mattered...i danced  like i never knew i had it in me...this is what i was treated to:  David Bowie, The Mango Song, Loving Cup, Sparkle, You Enjoy Myself, Acoustic Army, Possum, E: A Day in the Life
addict!

thechad

Quote from: uglyroomer on April 19, 2007, 03:54:59 PM
thanks.. it really is a support group. 

or maybe you all are enabling me to dive deeper into it. 

it is a good thing!

We are all definitely enablers.   :beers:
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

SgtStukov

sophist

Quote from: Harry Gooch on April 19, 2007, 08:55:08 PM
It's one word by the way, at least that's what it says on my hoodie and coffee mug.

Gooch'd
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gimmetela

they kick ass.
their shows were a shit ton of fun.
listening to them brings back some great memories.
it's just good music.

my name is DEE and that's why i'm a phish phan.

shoreline99

I'm really just here 'cause of her ^^

;)

actually, i sort of backed into Phish; being a long-time deadhead and getting into jazz whilst in college led me down the path to Phish in the early 90's.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

grewich

for me:

I used to listen to the dave matthews band in high school quite a bit...then a friend told me to check out phish...thus I bought 'story of a ghost'...later while in college I worked at wal-mart unloading the trucks...turned out that the only cd that I could listen to over and over again was 'live phish vol 6'...later I did get to see them in 2000 in cinci...then while at wakarusa someone told me to check out the etree...a couple of dls were complements of the 'paug...i signed up and here I am super  infatuated with the music and the board...

p.s. thx for all the help & knowledge passed on...
in your face