News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - Festival 8 - Indio, CA - Post-Show Discusion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2009, 01:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

1st Set: 3.0 safe which is essentially meh, been there, done that. Greatest hits'd.

2nd Set: Nailed it. As I said in the set list thread, it is nice to hear a practiced, well oiled Phish.

3rd Set: Where's my big fatty 20 min. jam. I'm sorry but this is Halloween and the third set. That
             Ghost had a lot of potential, it was raging but then crashed landed instead of wandering
             out there. Not sure if I would call that a full set either. But hey, they make the rules.

I still find that, aside from the Ghost, the band still has trouble peaking a song with Fish or Trey often falling off the one, sometimes too fast or behind the beat. Mike and Page are still MVPs in my book. Fishman is better but still misses fills that are not that hard. And Trey's fingers still need more time and why I think we didn't get one of the "complicated" albums.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

whatapiper

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 01, 2009, 01:54:24 AM
1st Set: 3.0 safe which is essentially meh, been there, done that. Greatest hits'd.

2nd Set: Nailed it. As I said in the set list thread, it is nice to hear a practiced, well oiled Phish.

3rd Set: Where's my big fatty 20 min. jam. I'm sorry but this is Halloween and the third set. That
             Ghost had a lot of potential, it was raging but then crashed landed instead of wandering
             out there. Not sure if I would call that a full set either. But hey, they make the rules.

I still find that, aside from the Ghost, the band still has trouble peaking a song with Fish or Trey often falling off the one, sometimes too fast or behind the beat. Mike and Page are still MVPs in my book. Fishman is better but still misses fills that are not that hard. And Trey's fingers still need more time and why I think we didn't get one of the "complicated" albums.

well said
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Alumni

Quote from: blatboom on November 01, 2009, 01:51:11 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on November 01, 2009, 01:50:27 AM
Was third set real short?

Or were there some epic long jamz?

Which one.

real short but decent size encore.

I think it was the longest of all the 'modern' Halloween 3rd sets
Cause I got a degree

Superfreakie

Quote from: Alumni on November 01, 2009, 02:04:12 AM
Quote from: blatboom on November 01, 2009, 01:51:11 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on November 01, 2009, 01:50:27 AM
Was third set real short?

Or were there some epic long jamz?

Which one.

real short but decent size encore.

I think it was the longest of all the 'modern' Halloween 3rd sets

I didn't think about that, good point. I think it is true for '98 not sure about '96 though. However, I'd take 98's third set as you have the fatty "you are tripping balls so we are going to melt your mind" late night Phish jam. That Piper was mesmerizing and the Wolf was downright scary.

1998/10/31 SET III   

Wolfman's 30:00 > Piper 13:00 > Ghost 8:00  :-o 

1996/10/31 SET III

Brother 5:53 > 2001 4:24 > Jam 2:14 > Maze 12:47 > Simple 14:56 > swept away 2:11 > steep 1:14 > Jesus Just left Chicago 8:01 > Suzie 6:31
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

ytowndan

Quote from: whatapiper on November 01, 2009, 02:22:13 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2009, 02:20:45 AM
I thought that 3rd set was pretty awesome. 

but short, or so it felt

Anyone have an official timing on it?  I sure as hell wasn't keeping track.   :crazy:

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: Mistercharlie on November 01, 2009, 02:31:24 AM

but short, or so it felt

oh so short.

Everything is always too short when you're having fun and trippin' balls. Phish is/are like crack, you always want more.....until they/it slay(s) you.

ytowndan

Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2009, 02:27:09 AM

but short, or so it felt

Anyone have an official timing on it?  I sure as hell wasn't keeping track.   :crazy:

According to my chat log for the shnfamily hub it was almost exactly an hour long. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2009, 02:46:43 AM

but short, or so it felt

According to my chat log for the shnfamily hub it was almost exactly an hour long.

not nearly long enough for a fest set...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: Mistercharlie on November 01, 2009, 02:50:21 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2009, 02:46:43 AM

but short, or so it felt

not nearly long enough for a fest set...

Nope.  But, still awesome.  I stand by that.   :-D

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

mistercharlie