News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Weird question about magnet links

Started by Wolfmansbrother, February 11, 2013, 10:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfmansbrother

So I started downloading some music using a magnet link I decided after the file started downloading that I no longer wanted to download the music.  Anyway, I just tried to delete the folder that was set up for the downloaded music and only some of the files were actually deleted.  Each time I try to delete the folder it gives me the whole spiel and asks "Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files blah blah.." and it lets me click yes but the folder never goes away.  I'm convinced that this has something to do with the magnet link but that's only because I can't come up with anything else.  Has anyone experienced this before and did they find a solution?  As more background, the folder was being saved on an external HD and I am able to add and delete other files without a problem.  Thanks.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on February 11, 2013, 11:23:21 PM
Magnet links, how do they work?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Through miracles.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Wolfmansbrother

Well I ran chkdsk and afterwards I was able to delete the file.  Thanks for the ICP related joke ... you would be surprised at how many people do NOT crack that one when someone asks a similar question about magnet links online...  :roll: