News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ghosts of the Forest Spring 2019 Tour

Started by pcr3, December 11, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

emay

those effects honestly fit better in the studio setting.

diggin the album more than the live stuff ive listened to.

anthrax

stoked to see this from the couch tonight!

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on April 12, 2019, 05:13:18 PM
stoked to see this from the couch tonight!

Did you custy up?  Want to split it?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

The Pollock poster for tonight is a little bland in color for a Pollock, but I still dig it! Even though it looks like it says 'Phosts of the Forest".

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

i listen to some of the heaviest music on the planet and i've been kinda leery of this ghosts of the forest.  i thought it might be a little gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) for my tastes.  just watched the stream...holy shit.  It.Was.Soooo.Good.  it kept hitting me like a halloween album.  i caught flashes of exile, ziggy, & kasvot.  damn.  so glad they brought that to my living room!

rowjimmy

A few times through the album and, although I was basically on board since seeing the DC show, I'm way on board for this now.
I really dig the record.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 13, 2019, 06:23:19 AM
A few times through the album and, although I was basically on board since seeing the DC show, I’m way on board for this now.
I really dig the record.

I dig it too. I think Long Lines is the sappiest Trey song that I absolutely love. It brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. Such a wonderful composition!  Especially after reading what Trey said about the last days of his friend Chris's life and how some of the moments he mentioned are lines in the song. This is a man who misses his best friend.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Caravan2001

It's gotten SO much better.  It's like they've gotten tighter and looser at the same time  :beers:

Pumped to see them on Saturday/

rowjimmy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_O4mA_lMDzQKeAGg6XK6QKsU9Eu9BEgCHU2yUKzBRkQ/edit#gid=958775406
Spreadsheet that someone share with HFPod showing the duration of every song on the tour and noting the longest & shortest versions and the difference between them.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 16, 2019, 10:50:03 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_O4mA_lMDzQKeAGg6XK6QKsU9Eu9BEgCHU2yUKzBRkQ/edit#gid=958775406
Spreadsheet that someone share with HFPod showing the duration of every song on the tour and noting the longest & shortest versions and the difference between them.

geekery at it's finest.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

^^
only on a  :phish: site

Finally gave this a careful listen
Some parts really got to me, I'm sure live it would have been more so

as far as Trey / Phish songs that REALLY strike home, I still ball my eyes out when I hear Miss You
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."