News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

MAybe the coldest NYE i can remember last night.
Felt like -30 windchill smoking outisde last night when i went to see local band.
Fucking Brutal.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 01, 2019, 12:05:53 PM
MAybe the coldest NYE i can remember last night.
Felt like -30 windchill smoking outisde last night when i went to see local band.
Fucking Brutal.

We had the opposite extreme, it was close to 60 degrees here in NE Ohio. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

emay

yeah it was snowing and single digits here on NYE and 1/1. Out east with the wind chills it said it felt like -10. Still got some snow/ice on the ground but should be getting up to 50-55 this weekend here. 

sunrisevt

20 inches and counting on my hill in VT.

My spine is actively trying to leave my body.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

khalpin

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 20, 2019, 12:35:38 PM
20 inches and counting on my hill in VT.

My spine is actively trying to leave my body.

Ouch!

Pissed that it's going to be cloudy tonight for the eclipse.

emay

Strange spring like day today got up to 55

Snowed like 2 inches on Friday

ph92

My parents said almost a foot of snow has dropped in the past day in Cleveland.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

ytowndan

Quote from: ph92 on January 20, 2019, 05:59:25 PM
My parents said almost a foot of snow has dropped in the past day in Cleveland.

Yeah.  We, too, got slammed last night.  Not quite as much as Cleveland, but we still got about 8".  A layer of freezing rain in the middle of it made for hellish driveway shoveling.  We now have an overnight windchill advisory for temps as low as -20. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sunrisevt

So it snowed for a good 24 hours+ here in the upper Connecticut River valley, VT/NH central border region. Easily two feet in the hills, probably three for the ski areas, a solid 20+ inches even down at the river...

Stopped falling around 5 or 6 tonight and the temp dropped FAST, which is fine--I'd rather have dry powder to drive in than wet slop or ice.

CRAZY thing though? The wind gusts up on my hill are blowing enough snow to trigger the motion-activated lights in the driveway. It's like a less annoying version of an over-sensitive smoke detector.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

No snow but it's fucking cold as shit for Virginia these yesterday and today.
We've got moisture coming in but the temps will soar to the 50s along with just to keep the schools open.

VA $l!m

its been snow and cold here for weeks now.
ive lost track, been in full hibernation mode.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

Monday, 1 deg F, wind chill -19
Thursday 56 deg, thunderstorm
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: slslbs on January 24, 2019, 02:39:12 PM
Monday, 1 deg F, wind chill -19
Thursday 56 deg, thunderstorm

Yeah, something just isn't right. I sure wish we had some of that global warming right about now.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Dumping snow when I woke up, got about an inch. When I went out for lunch it was sunny and 50. Still got a little snow on the ground

Buffalo Budd

Every damn storm we've gotten the last 2 Winters have been a bunch of snow and finish with rain, then cold for 5 days.
Very discouraging for a family of skiers.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.