News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

6-26-2019 Bangor, ME Post show discussion

Started by anthrax, June 27, 2019, 12:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

WEDNESDAY 06/26/2019
DARLING'S WATERFRONT PAVILION
Bangor, ME

Soundcheck: Olivia's Pool

SET 1: Crowd Control, Plasma, Army of One, Alaska, Kill Devil Falls > How Many People Are You, Petrichor > Saw It Again > Sand

SET 2: Turtle in the Clouds > Gotta Jibboo > Fuego -> Cities -> The Final Hurrah > Prince Caspian > Farmhouse > Backwards Down the Number Line > Chalk Dust Torture

ENCORE: The Lizards, Suzy Greenberg

McGrupp

I really liked that Fuego > Cities. Rest of show was pretty meh.  Imagine driving from MPP to Bangor for this run   :|
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

birdman

Even from 10th row this ones pretty much a dud. There were a few moments with some spark but otherwise one of the more forgettable shows Ive seen. Still nowhere I'd rather be. :sbw: :sbw:
Paug FTMFW!

aphineday

Yeah probably the weakest on paper that I've seen of the tour. I expect SPAC to be a party.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

shoreline99

Quote from: aphineday on June 27, 2019, 10:58:31 AM
Yeah probably the weakest on paper that I've seen of the tour. I expect SPAC to be a party.

Can't wait.  :banana: :rockout: :banana:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

That 1st set ... Meh fest. 2nd set can't save from being the weakest show of this tour.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

tet

have to listen, but looks a bit iffy on paper.

Lizards & Suzy give me hope.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

anthrax

is it true that petrichor means the sound of a bunch of old fat dudes running to the pisser?

shoreline99

Quote from: anthrax on June 27, 2019, 12:28:59 PM
is it true that petrichor means the sound of a bunch of old fat dudes running to the pisser?

No, that's Fuckerpants. Or definitely TTE, which has thankfully (thus far) remained in retirement.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

sunrisevt

Quote from: birdman on June 27, 2019, 10:18:23 AM
Even from 10th row this ones pretty much a dud. There were a few moments with some spark but otherwise one of the more forgettable shows Ive seen. Still nowhere I'd rather be. :sbw: :sbw:

x 2. Mediocre  :phish: show, great time.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Caravan2001

I think it's at least as good as Toronto but that's saying very little.  The Fuego through Final Hurrah saves this show from being forgotten about entirely.  Oh well, they can't all be bomb drops.

Buffalo Budd

I was in the pit for the 1st set, maybe 3 rows back but holy shit that rail rider crew are self-entitled asshats. I really enjoyed Petrichor through Sand but I had enough by the end of the 1st set and went back to the lawn for the 2nd.
Fuego through Cities had me pumped but the flow was definitely lacking in this one.
Still no place I'd rather be.  :rawk:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Such a weird couple of sets. I'll have to give it a relisten, but I thought the How Many People Are You had some sauce to it.  Could have been when the chemicals started truly working...

I love Turtle in the Clouds, so I was pumped to see that start set 2.  While Fuego>Cities was pretty damn good, that second set never really came together.

I also had a blast.  Finding sunrise at the top of the lawn as they started BDTNL was an epic moment for us, so we'll always have that.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on June 28, 2019, 11:53:16 AM

Finding sunrise at the top of the lawn as they started BDTNL was an epic moment for us, so we'll always have that.

This makes me smile!  :beers:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul