News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Phone it in Friday" @ work

Started by mattstick, April 23, 2010, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: McGrupp on May 07, 2010, 04:36:40 PM
Don't think I've mentioned it here yet but I was just recently hired at Five Guys. Gotta work at the downtown mall location tonight, 6 to close. Most of you probably don't know but in Charlotesville during the summer, every friday there's this concert thing held at the Cville pavilion called Fridays After Five. It's always suuuuuuper crowded, lots of families etc.

Basically, tonight is going to suck.

I feel your pain bro -- I'll be working 4:30- 2 am tonight  :|
Bring in the dude!

kellerb

Don't think I've mentioned it here yet but I was just recently hired at Five Guys. Gotta work at the downtown mall location tonight, 6 to close. Most of you probably don't know but in Charlotesville during the summer, every friday there's this concert thing held at the Cville pavilion called Fridays After Five. It's always suuuuuuper crowded, lots of families etc.

So its Six Guys now?  Their Signage dept. probably hates their HR dept.

rowjimmy

I bailed from work at noon to have lunch with a friend who, befofre last friday, I hadn't seen in a dozen years.  Today, I left work so I could have beers wih lunch.

Now, on the train, five beers later, I learn that were having people over for beers tonight. 

Look for me in the "I'm Drizzunk" thead soon.

McGrupp

Quote from: kellerb on May 07, 2010, 05:00:46 PM

So its Six Guys now?  Their Signage dept. probably hates their HR dept.

You have no idea how many of those jokes I've heard in the 3 days I've been working there...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 07, 2010, 04:46:46 PM

Ouch. I'll trade you pizza for burgers.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mistercharlie

Quote from: McGrupp on May 07, 2010, 05:06:29 PM

We used to do that all the time when I was a Manager at a Pizza Hut.  :smoke:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 07, 2010, 05:16:59 PM

yep, we also do food trades all the time -- usually with the badass Chinese restaurant next door  :rawk:
Bring in the dude!

kellerb

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 08, 2010, 05:54:50 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 07, 2010, 05:16:59 PM

yep, we also do food trades all the time -- usually with the badass Chinese restaurant next door  :rawk:

I assume you have to do another food trade an hour later

mattstick

I actually had to work for the first 90 minutes of my day today, wtf?

I did have time for a Scrabble move though.

Hope everyone else is phonin' it in - the weekend is almost upon us.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on May 14, 2010, 09:36:21 AM

Hope everyone else is phonin' it in - the weekend is almost upon us.
Yessir!  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I feel like crap today - beginnings of a cold creeping in. I have a 9am con-call in 5 minutes. After that, I may just go back to bed. How's that for phoning it in?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 14, 2010, 09:55:11 AM
I feel like crap today - beginnings of a cold creeping in. I have a 9am con-call in 5 minutes. After that, I may just go back to bed. How's that for phoning it in?

Sucks, sorry to hear it. I'm still trying to shake the one I woke up with Tuesday a.m. Hence, there's a been little phonage going on this week.
Is this still Wombat?

blatboom

we're really short-handed today so kinda hard to phone it in.

I'm looking forward to Mail It In Monday.

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on May 14, 2010, 11:23:11 AM
we're really short-handed today so kinda hard to phone it in.

Never stopped me!

Another Friday, another phone. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

kellerb

Today I hate:  Not getting to this thread until 11:32am

Ridiculous!

I'm gonna have to concentrate pretty hard this afternoon just to break even on phoning it in.