News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jam>

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on October 16, 2017, 12:50:30 PM
Saw Mother! about one week ago.

I'm glad so many people enjoyed it, I went into it blind, and thought it was a complete waste of time, one of the worst movies I've seen all year. It fails on just about every level it attempts. The effects at the end were impressive giving credit where credit is due.

And I am very much in the J Lawrence can do no wrong camp. Should have loved this movie since is was 60% close-up shots of her face. I like Javier too, for sure. But I wouldn't recommend that movie to anyone.

J Lawrence played a very annoying, unlikeable character. I love how the only character that pays any attention to her and tries to help her gets killed moments later.

VA $l!m

any1 see blade runner?
just saw something in passing that it might not be good.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 16, 2017, 09:27:20 AM
Quote from: VDB on October 15, 2017, 11:53:51 PM

I had the unique pleasure of watching a new movie that friends of mine made right here in town, on an extremely low budget and with no prior filmmaking experience. (I even leant my own talents as an extra.) It's a good-times throwback to grindhouse fare, schlocky horror, sexploitation cinema and other wholesome stuff. Rather fun and surreal to watch the credits roll and feel like you know half the names. A proud moment for many.

Awesome
Would watch.

Just had its premier last weekend at a film festival in Atlanta; anything beyond that is anyone's guess. Home video at some point, certainly. Otherwise, keep your eyes on your local megaplex.
Is this still Wombat?

barnesy305

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 16, 2017, 06:48:17 PM
any1 see blade runner?

I saw it. I loved it.

mbw

Quote from: jam> on October 16, 2017, 01:14:24 PM

I'm glad so many people enjoyed it, I went into it blind, and thought it was a complete waste of time, one of the worst movies I've seen all year. It fails on just about every level it attempts. The effects at the end were impressive giving credit where credit is due.

And I am very much in the J Lawrence can do no wrong camp. Should have loved this movie since is was 60% close-up shots of her face. I like Javier too, for sure. But I wouldn't recommend that movie to anyone.

J Lawrence played a very annoying, unlikeable character. I love how the only character that pays any attention to her and tries to help her gets killed moments later.

It's ok to be wrong, guys.

Hicks

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 16, 2017, 09:44:28 PM
any1 see blade runner?

I saw it. I loved it.

The cinematography and production design was amazing and it had some interesting ideas about the future of technology.

Like the original Blade Runner it was pretty slow, more of a visual art piece than a traditional movie IMO.

Definitely see it on the big screen if you were fan of the first one.

Oh yeah, pretty awesome score by Hans Zimmer and the other guy, with lots of callbacks to the Vangelis classic.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on October 17, 2017, 12:35:15 AM
any1 see blade runner?

I saw it. I loved it.

The cinematography and production design was amazing and it had some interesting ideas about the future of technology.

Like the original Blade Runner it was pretty slow, more of a visual art piece than a traditional movie IMO.

Oh yeah, pretty awesome score by Hans Zimmer and the other guy, with lots of callbacks to the Vangelis classic.

Agreed with everything hicks said. The cinematography is awesome.

mehead

Quote from: emay on October 17, 2017, 10:31:08 AM
Quote from: Hicks on October 17, 2017, 12:35:15 AM
any1 see blade runner?

I saw it. I loved it.

Agreed with everything hicks said. The cinematography is awesome.

Yup
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

Quote from: mbw on October 16, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Quote from: jam> on October 16, 2017, 01:14:24 PM

It's ok to be wrong, guys.

people are wrong all the time. it happens.

VDB

Been owning and meaning to watch this DVD for, like, literally 10 years or longer. It's quite a film. Gritty but not obnoxiously so. Relentlessly violent but adamantly human. Wonderfully photographed. Provocative from end to end.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Apparently lots of people are loving this one but I pretty much hated it.
Is this still Wombat?

khalpin

Quote from: VDB on December 06, 2017, 09:58:43 AM

Apparently lots of people are loving this one but I pretty much hated it.
Going to see that this weekend.

Buffalo Budd

^^Hoping to see that this week as well.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Saw the poster for it at the theater down the street from my house, looks interesting.
Also this movie looks interesting as well. The reviews are strange, no one seems to know how to describe it that well.

VDB

Will be interested to hear what you two think of the billboard movie. I suppose I shall withhold my specific criticisms so as not to prejudice the audience.
Is this still Wombat?