News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Death by Whale poll

Started by VA $l!m, July 11, 2010, 12:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on July 11, 2010, 01:25:22 AM
Split, 2010 versions have been pretty much unlistenable.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2010, 11:47:05 AM
This could end up being the best(or worst) execution style EVAR!!!!

You shall be sentenced to "death by Whale Call"   :-o

:wink:

I think that would be deemed a 'cruel and unusual punishment'.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

A hard call.

I almost voted for Gin even though it has seen some (relatively) strong versions this go-'round, but considering what a monstrous and consistent jam vehicle it was for years, its comparative impotence has nevertheless been something of a personal disappointment for me.

I agree that Reba or Hood might be the top contenders for this "prize"...
Is this still Wombat?

gah

this was easy. soam. what he has done to that  is a damn shame.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

You guys are COMPLETELY MAD.

I honestly think the whale call works better in SOAM jams than anything else.  Don't get me wrong, I wish SOAM jams could be what they used to be, but I am not opposed to the direction they are trying to take it.  I get it.  Can't say they have completely nailed one yet in 3.0, but I really liked both the Red Rocks and Camden version from this year.

Falling apart, chaotic, disastrous, wild, mind bending, "is this even music?" sort of feel.  I dig it.  Tension, tension, teeennssiiiooon.....release?....nope.... moooorreee...teeeennssiiioooonnnnn......  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Rebas and Hoods suffer most.  Whales do NOT belong in those jams....
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 03:05:51 PM

I honestly think the whale call works better in SOAM jams than anything else.  Don't get me wrong, I wish SOAM jams could be what they used to be, but I am not opposed to the direction they are trying to take it.  I get it.  Can't say they have completely nailed one yet in 3.0, but I really liked both the Red Rocks and Camden version from this year.

Falling apart, chaotic, disastrous, wild, mind bending, "is this even music?" sort of feel.  I dig it. 

They played Red Rocks this year?

Also, the version from 6/25 is donkey balls.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2010, 03:07:27 PM

Falling apart, chaotic, disastrous, wild, mind bending, "is this even music?" sort of feel.  I dig it. 

YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE THEY HATE THE PACIFIC NW!!!!
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 03:08:39 PM

Seeing as how the best 3.0 show was played right here in the NW I don't think I have anything to be jealous about.   :samurai:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2010, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 03:08:39 PM

Seeing as how the best 3.0 show was played right here in the NW I don't think I have anything to be jealous about.   :samurai:

Damn it.

I don't know that I can argue differently.

I might have had more fun at 1-2 shows this summer, but the Gorge was really something else....
Bring in the dude!

JPhishman

Bowie, hood, Reba  :cry:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

UncleEbinezer

I voted for Melt.    :cry:

I think in Reba, sometimes it works.           :ducks:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 03:14:30 PM

Damn it.

I might have had more fun at 1-2 shows this summer, but the Gorge was really something else....

QFT  Although, I don't know if I've had more fun at a show than that weekend either. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 12, 2010, 03:42:14 PM
I think in Reba, sometimes it works.           :ducks:

It only works when it works, if you know what I'm saying. The problem is, the whale usually doesn't work. So it doesn't work.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: antelope19 on July 12, 2010, 03:45:36 PM

Damn it.

QFT  Although, I don't know if I've had more fun at a show than that weekend either.

You REALLY should have came to Portsmouth.  :wink:
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 12, 2010, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on July 12, 2010, 03:45:36 PM

Damn it.

You REALLY should have came to Portsmouth.  :wink:

yeah, even if some peeps that attended might not dig listening to the show as much as me, i still dont think there was a single Pauger that didnt have an 3P1C time down in VA. 1 high st FTW!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-