News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Fall Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, September 29, 2017, 07:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Had quite the 3 day run in Denver this past weekend. One electric set sandwiched by 2 acoustic shows. Colorado has treated us well so far!  I love doing the acoustic stuff - It's so much less mentally strenuous and I can really concentrate on just my vocals. Oh.... and the Colorado w00ks just eat up the bluegrass.  Fish in a barrel I'm tellin' ya...

Quote11/02 - Cervantes Other Side - Denver, CO

Roses are Free
Mr. Murderin' Man
Way to Grow
Tale of Mr. Turner
Homeward Bound*
Lunch in Be
Spiral^
Old Thompson ->
Colorado >
Dog Gone Blues
Jiminy Cricket >
Lay Down Sally ->
Whiskey

* First time played (Simon & Garfunkel)
^ First time played. New Original.

Quote11/03 - Cervantes Other Side - Denver, CO

Blowin' Up The B Line ->
Head Spin
I Foreign Eye
Enjoy the Ride ->
Dunes
When the Love Is ->
Hey Pocky Way ->
Have You Ever

Quote11/04 - Declaration Brewing - Denver, CO

Bug
Stickshifts & Safety Belts
Hence
I Wonder Why I Ponder
Yopper >
Dawgz Waltz
Good 'Ol Boy
Tonight You Belong To Me
You or I
Old Man >
Let Go
Drip Drop
Fearless
Let It Bleed >
Nothin' to Lose >
Fading Time
The Late Greats
Let Dreams Do
I'm So Tired*
Know It All
Easy Livin'
You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
For Lovers

* First time played (Fugazi)
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Gundo

Had my first Jaunt last night in Stillwater, OK. Had a fabulous time despite getting kicked out towards the end of the show. So i guess I fulfilled my duty in that respect. This time was for the water bottle of whiskey sticking out of my back pocket. I was careless and probably drew too much attention to myself as I was about to initiate my spin moves. The show was basically held in a tiny country bar. In these parts, cigs inside is allowed. I think maybe five people showed up to see the band. A decent amount of people started to pile in around midnight to get theirs in before last call. The boys played a Oklahoma'esque set with a little extra twang. This included a cover of Neil Young's Harvest Moon. The thing I love about the Jauntee is they play covers of stuff that I've always wanted to hear. A few young college dudes definitely had their minds blown a bit. AND there was I think maybe one fairly attractive woman dancing to the band. Was great to see Scott and meet the other guys in the band. A lot of people thought I was in the band, which was super sick for me. That's probably the closest I've ever come to being in a band. My career was short lived. I hope to catch them again in Dallas and in Austin. Hope the rest of the tour goes well Scotty!  :beers:

WhatstheUse?

:beerbang:

Good to see you too man! I was wondering why you disappeared at the end of the night!

Last night was a pretty hilarious spot. Super country twang vibe. I was actually surprised even 5 people came out for us - all of them driving and hour from OKC. We'll be back to OK again for sure, hopefully Norman and OKC next time.

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 11, 2017, 03:25:22 AM
sick show tonight  :mrgreen:

Good to see you dude. Thanks for coming out again! I'm not exactly sure what we need to do to get traction in Lincoln. You and that one other dude (who turned out to be Birdman and PG's old friend) were basically the only people paying attention. Lol.
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 12, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
:beerbang:

Good to see you too man! I was wondering why you disappeared at the end of the night!

Last night was a pretty hilarious spot. Super country twang vibe. I was actually surprised even 5 people came out for us - all of them driving and hour from OKC. We'll be back to OK again for sure, hopefully Norman and OKC next time.

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 11, 2017, 03:25:22 AM
sick show tonight  :mrgreen:

Good to see you dude. Thanks for coming out again! I'm not exactly sure what we need to do to get traction in Lincoln. You and that one other dude (who turned out to be Birdman and PG's old friend) were basically the only people paying attention. Lol.
heh, didnt realize that gut knew bird and pg!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

That's Conoly Ospovat. Thank BM for flying him into your show. He's one of the best dudes from our college crew.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 12, 2017, 03:12:58 PM
That's Conoly Ospovat. Thank BM for flying him into your show. He's one of the best dudes from our college crew.

Connolly was the man. He hung around all night and even helped us load out. Seemed like he didn't want it all to end. Offered us a place to crash and everything.

Man, this place is the best. I've met so many good people through y'all. :beers:
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 12, 2017, 09:32:12 PM

Connolly was the man. He hung around all night and even helped us load out. Seemed like he didn't want it all to end. Offered us a place to crash and everything.

Man, this place is the best. I've met so many good people through y'all. :beers:

None of this surprises me at all.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 12, 2017, 09:53:17 PM

My favorite quote of his was "All my friends are so old now! I mean, they're the same age as me, but they're so old!!"
Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 12, 2017, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 12, 2017, 09:53:17 PM

My favorite quote of his was "All my friends are so old now! I mean, they're the same age as me, but they're so old!!"

Hes right though.
Connolly is an amazing person. He hosted us on 10/21/95.
Still one of the best nights of my life. Glad you guys hooked up
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

I gotta say... it's amusing to me how I can connect with y'alls friends (who are 10+ years older than me) far easier than I can any average fan of ours. Connely was SO into the music! And after hanging with him for no more than 5 minutes i could tell he was a genuinely good fellow.

Love this place!!!!!
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 12, 2017, 10:58:50 PM
I gotta say... it's amusing to me how I can connect with y'alls friends (who are 10+ years older than me) far easier than I can any average fan of ours. Connely was SO into the music! And after hanging with him for no more than 5 minutes i could tell he was a genuinely good fellow.

Love this place!!!!!

That's just your years of experience chasing cougars.

WhatstheUse?

Sorry for the wait RJ...

https://archive.org/details/jauntee2017-06-16.flac16

2017-06-16 - The Southern - Charlottesville, VA

One Too Many
Know It All >
Gravity of Thought
Lunch in Be ->