News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Fauxpaxfauxreal

Started by Hicks, November 25, 2018, 02:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Wow
Never met him
Didn't always agree with him but read his posts and saw where he was coming from and respected his passion. Agree it did sound like he had it tough
Too young
RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Thanks guys, thread's not about me, but I do think I understood how he felt in relation to the world a lot of the time.  At the least I could empathize with it. 

It probably has more to do with my own issues, which clearly are different from his, than it does with reality. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

I connected with him on facebook messenger for a while a few years back.
He was nothing but lucid and cool those times.
His last message was congrats for the Cubs winning the world series, he was an avid Brewers fan.
Dude knew his phish inside and out.
Sucks.

Caravan2001

Geez...bummer.  I never had a feeling about the guy one way or the other too much, but I always appreciate someone that stirs it up.  Never like to hear about a fellow head passing.  God speed troublemaker.

gah

vibes to his friends and family. RIP fpfr.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cactusfan

Whoa. Sad. RIP.

As I recall, he mostly drove me nuts, but yes, he certainly was one of a kind around here. Not someone you forget.

susep

Quote from: ytowndan on November 25, 2018, 11:04:51 AM
And so, as a result, I would think of him every so often and wonder what pot he's out there stirring. 

same.   

He was a good dude certainly in a 'paug kind of way.  I loved him in the show club and elsewhere.  I made a Simple mix one time and used a Simple esque jam from Mike's that he adamantly pointed out was not Simple.  We went back and forth respectfully, that was him in a nutshell.  I too used to laugh and get off on his shenanigans vicariously.  Sometimes he went too far and seemed to post off the wall stuff to create cognitive dissonance.  Whatever his modus was, whoever he pissed off daily, he was liked and respected.  RIP Faux.   

VDB

Thanks for sharing the news and that video, Hicks. Faux's message there really resonates and I've thought the same a lot these days, about everyone lifting each other up through example. It's so much easier said than done, as we plainly know, as to break your heart sometimes.
Is this still Wombat?

aphineday

Damn, just reading this.
I never had any personal beef with the dude, other than giving it back to
him when he would stir the pot, but that's what we do here.
Majorly shitty news.
RIP FPFR.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on November 29, 2018, 10:22:44 AM
https://www.charlottefive.com/matt-hoffman/?fbclid=IwAR3SqQFai0R2huL6aZcR7ICjQA8Ok-DzHfbsoLAcdmi9ISflmH8eEjDLujA

That's actually quite beautiful.
Takes me awhile to understand the online troll persona as I'm not much of a messageboard guy.
Knowing how he was IRL really gives ya perspective.
The guy left his mark on the community without a doubt.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

RIP Faux.

I was thinking about this last night. I am going to create an account for my wife so that if anything unexpected ever happens to me she can let you all know. I know we have some connections outside the board, i.e. Facebook, texting, emails. But if I went suddenly it might be a while before you guys would hear about it. You guys are as much my friends as people I see IRL, if not more so. So if you ever see a post from misscharlie, that will be her. Thinking about mortality is pretty saddening.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Here's a fun idea, lets all create accounts for our wives and and girlfriends! Yippie!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 29, 2018, 01:16:55 PM
Here's a fun idea, lets all create accounts for our wives and and girlfriends! Yippie!

The last thing my wife wants to do is get involved with you lunatics.