News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/28 - Bethel Center for the Arts - Bethel NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, May 28, 2011, 11:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

yeah I may need to listen too, his bass was very effects laden iirc

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: blatboom on May 29, 2011, 07:47:29 PM
yeah I may need to listen too, his bass was very effects laden iirc

At least we have something worth discussing  :tte:

G. Augusto

Quote from: Hicks on May 29, 2011, 06:56:44 PM
I'm definitely hearing the effortless/relaxed quality that I heard in the 1-1-11 Twist surface again. 

While I wouldn't label this show as amazing or anything, I don't see how anybody couldn't be encouraged by the jams here, particularly the Gin and DWD.  Let's hope that this story continues to develop. . .

The Gin was great, but I find the Disease to be the same 3.0 rendition, complete with the spacey outro.
I'm not crazy about the Manteca, tho.
It's kinda like the Manchester show where they were just throwing in stuff for it to be rad.
The Manteca was just thrown in there last night (over a hot Golden Age groove) and was way pitchy, Dog.

Hicks

Quote from: G. Augusto on May 29, 2011, 08:05:42 PM
I'm definitely hearing the effortless/relaxed quality that I heard in the 1-1-11 Twist surface again. 

While I wouldn't label this show as amazing or anything, I don't see how anybody couldn't be encouraged by the jams here, particularly the Gin and DWD.  Let's hope that this story continues to develop. . .

The Gin was great, but I find the Disease to be the same 3.0 rendition, complete with the spacey outro.
It's kinda like the Manchester show where they were just throwing in stuff for it to be rad.
The Manteca was just thrown in there last night (over a hot Golden Age groove) and was way pitchy, Dog.

Hmmm, I heard something in that DWD that sounded a bit unique to me, more of a melodic mellow groove than the standard issue 3.0 space. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I don't really like the Manteca either, but they're definitely playing an off key sped up manteca...I think it is coincidental that it sounds like "Golden Age".

It is obviously a full band manteca and not a tease.  You can hear manteca for about 30 seconds before the lyrics come in (I just listened to it.)

mistercharlie

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 29, 2011, 07:45:00 PM
Quote from: blatboom on May 29, 2011, 07:09:30 PM
that Manteca didn't sound very Manteca-y to me.  more like the words were just sung over the jam

I'll have to listen again...Mike was playing the bassline for twenty seconds.  During the LST someone said "is this manteca" long before any lyrics were sung.

I think it was Dan who said that.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

aphineday

Quote from: Hicks on May 30, 2011, 01:19:51 AM

Hmmm, I heard something in that DWD that sounded a bit unique to me, more of a melodic mellow groove than the standard issue 3.0 space. 
I'm with you. I just listened for the second time. Definitely better than most if not all DWD 3.0's I've heard.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: aphineday on May 30, 2011, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 30, 2011, 01:19:51 AM

I'm with you. I just listened for the second time. Definitely better than most if not all DWD 3.0's I've heard.

The DWD is facking awesome.  Now if they'd only rememember that it has an ending, too.   :roll:

whatapiper

Finally listened to the first set last night, I really enjoyed the Theme opener, Haley's was fun and unexpected.   Gin had great potential but the > Manteca killed it for me, more a gimmick than on the spot creativity IMO.  Still have not played this DWD. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

WhatstheUse?

Okay, so no one else seems to be freaking out about this show too much so allow me.....

THIS SHOW WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!!!  :wtu:  Definitely one of the better 3.0 shows played.

Theme opener.
Rockin' cities.
HALLEYS JAM!!!!!
Jammed out plinko-funk in the middle of Jim
Best 3.0 Gin yet?
Great ambience @ the end of DWD
NUMBER LINE!!!!!!!!!
and the most fun Makisupa I have seen. PAGE'S HOUSE!!!!  and a seriously slick segue into Harry Hood :smoke:

The show flowed so fantastically and the band seemed incredibly relaxed.  This show gets me SO excited for the rest of summer!
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 30, 2011, 04:43:12 PM
Okay, so no one else seems to be freaking out about this show too much so allow me.....

THIS SHOW WAS FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!!!  :wtu:  Definitely one of the better 3.0 shows played.

Theme opener.
Rockin' cities.
HALLEYS JAM!!!!!
Best 3.0 Gin yet?
NUMBER LINE!!!!!!!!!
and the most fun Makisupa I have seen. PAGE'S HOUSE!!!!  and a seriously slick segue into Harry Hood :smoke:

The show flowed so fantastically and the band seemed incredibly relaxed.  This show gets me SO excited for the rest of summer!

nice!  we fluffed it pretty hard in the lst.
got me pretty psyched for friday.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 30, 2011, 04:44:11 PM

Theme opener.
Rockin' cities.
HALLEYS JAM!!!!!
Best 3.0 Gin yet?
NUMBER LINE!!!!!!!!!

nice!  we fluffed it pretty hard in the lst.
got me pretty psyched for friday.

This show has me psyched for UIC already!!

And that segue is slick as shit.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Theme opener.
Rockin' cities.
HALLEYS JAM!!!!!
Best 3.0 Gin yet?
NUMBER LINE!!!!!!!!!

Ditto. I've listened to it twice today, I'll probably find time for one more before all's said and done.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?