News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/28 - Bethel Center for the Arts - Bethel NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, May 28, 2011, 11:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

WhatstheUse?

Totally thought they were going to segue into Golden Age from that Gin.  Fishman was playing a very similar beat for a bit.
Bring in the dude!

justjezmund

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 30, 2011, 07:40:36 PM
Totally thought they were going to segue into Golden Age from that Gin.  Fishman was playing a very similar beat for a bit.

the chick in front of me almost had me believing that as well, but i just went along with it to try and get her back to the roma.

didn't work  :-P
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 30, 2011, 05:41:20 PM
Best show since 12/30/09 imo.

I'd say the only real candidate to dispute this statement would be 8-7-10.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on May 30, 2011, 08:00:03 PM

Utica and Manchester are up there, honestly.  Especially Utica.

kellerb

Quote from: JustJezmund on May 30, 2011, 07:45:22 PM

the chick in front of me almost had me believing that as well, but i just went along with it to try and get her back to the roma.

Shoulda called Manteca.  She would've been yours for the taking

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 30, 2011, 08:04:19 PM

Manchester is good, but kind of overrated.

Utica is super fun, but I prefer a jammier show to a schtick heavy show like that.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: kellerb on May 30, 2011, 08:07:35 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on May 30, 2011, 07:45:22 PM

Shoulda called Manteca.  She would've been yours for the taking

Chicks like dudes who are decisive AND correct.
Sycophants go home alone.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on May 30, 2011, 08:28:09 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 30, 2011, 08:04:19 PM

Manchester is good, but kind of overrated.

Utica is super fun, but I prefer a jammier show to a schtick heavy show like that.

Normally I do too, but I think that the schtick's are extremely well played.  The Bowie is my fave 3.0 version, after the trey flubs, Page's mcgrupp solo is divinely inspired and the Split features some pretty crucial jamming both going into and coming out of the have mercy.  Utica is a really solid show, imo, and I was ready to hate it.

Manchester might be overrated, but the second set is totally solid from beginning to end.

natronzero

The Bowie and the whole Split sequence are my favorite parts of Utica, but the segue into Have Mercy is forced as fuck.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: natronzero on May 30, 2011, 08:55:47 PM
The Bowie and the whole Split sequence are my favorite parts of Utica, but the segue into Have Mercy is forced as fuck.

I can agree with this (not to diverge too much from the subject at hand...) but I love the jamming that occurs before the forced segue, gives me chills.

natronzero

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 30, 2011, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: natronzero on May 30, 2011, 08:55:47 PM

I can agree with this (not to diverge too much from the subject at hand...) but I love the jamming that occurs before the forced segue, gives me chills.

Totally. Just about every other thing about that sequence slays me.

As for this show, I just got the chance to listen to this today while I was working and my first impressions are :
Halleys is good, but Jim is fucking awesome!
Quinn is good, sounds like they're having fun.
Gin is badass, and I actually really enjoyed the double time Manteca. High energy, doesnt sound forced to me, lots of fun.
I was working so I kind of missed the DWD, but Free - there's something they're doing with the rhythm during the verses, as a full band, that got me really pumped. I'm not normally that excited for Free, but whatever they were doing there works for me.
Two years ago I never would have thought I'd say this, but goddamn BDTNL can jam! Again, not a favorite song for me at all, but I liked this one.
Goofy-ass Makisupa is goofy-ass.
Hood and Bowie were both pretty good.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

sumodie

Best 3.0 show, easily

Fantastic playing by all 4 band members, and especially Trey

The return of dark edgy psychedelic jamming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable night to behold -and at the best shed I know of on the east coast -can't wait to return

An all around amazing weekend, even if Sunday was just standard safe phish

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

whatapiper

Quote from: sumodie on May 30, 2011, 11:35:28 PM
Best 3.0 show, easily

Fantastic playing by all 4 band members, and especially Trey

The return of dark edgy psychedelic jamming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable night to behold -and at the best shed I know of on the east coast -can't wait to return

An all around amazing weekend, even if Sunday was just standard safe phish

easily? no so sure about that but definitely a great show and top 5 of 3.0.    the Haley's is a little all over the place but it's the highlight of the show for me, the DWD unfortunately I'm not getting the hype, but then again I only listened to it once.   
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong