News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Last Jedi discussion

Started by VDB, December 17, 2017, 08:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

yeah, just reupped my netflix and saw they had it.
thought about whether i wanted to watch it agin or not.
i saw it in theatre and then when it dropped on digital a few months back.

bottom line is its pretty messed up that just thinking about this film gives me zero inspiration to watch it again.
even the prequels which i rewatched dozens of times that i came to hate b/c of Hayden's acting i still get motivated to skim through.

Thinking of rewatching this film on the other hand led my brain through most of the major sequences and each one comes up stinking of hot garbage... not the good kind either like the trash compactor from the Death star.
I literally cant think of a single scene that didnt let me down in one way or another, or at the very least pass as inconsequential filler.
---well, maybe exempting the scenes with Chewbacca, -cause wookies, but that only probably adds  up to 10 minutes... :shakehead:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

I just don't get the hate towards this movie.  I feel like everyone drank the Kool-Aid from the Russian bots trying to sink Disney... and it proves that they're still just as powerful as they were in 2016. 

:frustrated:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 27, 2018, 08:39:01 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 27, 2018, 06:41:28 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 16, 2018, 08:41:31 AM
Watched this again the other day. Still good.

Now that it's on Netflix and I have the house to myself on Saturday, I plan on finally giving it a second viewing. I haven't yet decided if I'll fast-forward through the whole 'Finn on the gambling planet' scene, but it is a thought I have. I just felt like that scene did nothing for the movie.

Don't.
The message of that sequence is one of the primary themes of the film.

Ah, maybe I'll have a better appreciation for that scene on my second viewing.

I drank way too much bourbon-barrel aged beer last night and my hungover ass is definitely just going to be lying on the couch, smoking, and trying to recover. That's the perfect setting for a Star Wars day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.