News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Twin Peaks and The X-Files

Started by mistercharlie, May 19, 2015, 12:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

emay

mattstick

Stop the music...

MOTHERF---ING COACH IS COMING BACK?

Hicks

Been watching Twin Peaks recently on Netflix, boy has it not aged well. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on May 19, 2015, 02:04:35 PM

Stop the music...

MOTHERF---ING COACH IS COMING BACK?

Yeah, Craig T Nelson at least. I'm not sure if Dober or Luther will be back.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Bump New X-Files trailer out

series starting Jan 2016

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

ytowndan

Has anyone else been watching the new Twin Peaks?  The tone is very different than the original.  It seems like they dialed down the camp and cranked up the surrealism.  I'm sure some (many?) people may prefer the quirky, soap opera vibe of the OG, but I much prefer the darker, more experimental vibe of this new one.  For example, Episode 8 went full blown fever dream for about 45 minutes straight and it was amazing (no way they could have gotten away with that on ABC in 1990).

What do you guys think? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on July 15, 2017, 12:25:51 PM
Has anyone else been watching the new Twin Peaks?  The tone is very different than the original.  It seems like they dialed down the camp and cranked up the surrealism.  I'm sure some (many?) people may prefer the quirky, soap opera vibe of the OG, but I much prefer the darker, more experimental vibe of this new one.  For example, Episode 8 went full blown fever dream for about 45 minutes straight and it was amazing (no way they could have gotten away with that on ABC in 1990).

What do you guys think?

The wife hadn't seen all of the OG's second season, or Fire Walk With Me, so we're re-watching the original series first before we start the new one.

Hicks

Most of season 2 is flaming garbage, I wouldn't waste your time. 

If you must though, the ones David Lynch directed are decent, especially the killer reveal and the last episode.

Fire Walk With Me is awesome though. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 15, 2017, 01:17:08 PM

If you must though, the ones David Lynch directed are decent, especially the killer reveal and the last episode.

Completely agree all the way around. After Laura's killer was revealed is when my wife quit watching it back when it was on the air and I wanted her to know about the Black/White lodge in case it came up in the new series.

We're actually having a little fun doing an MST3K-type thing with the shitty second half of the second season. I had to teach her how MST3K-ing something works, but now that she's gotten it it's pretty damned funny.

I can't wait until we watch Fire Walk With Me, that is such a great movie.

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 15, 2017, 01:23:19 PM
Quote from: Hicks on July 15, 2017, 01:17:08 PM

Completely agree all the way around. After Laura's killer was revealed is when my wife quit watching it back when it was on the air and I wanted her to know about the Black/White lodge in case it came up in the new series.

We're actually having a little fun doing an MST3K-type thing with the shitty second half of the second season. I had to teach her how MST3K-ing something works, but now that she's gotten it it's pretty damned funny.

I can't wait until we watch Fire Walk With Me, that is such a great movie.

Oh yeah, I definitely MST'd that shit when my wife watched it last year, only way it's bearable. 

Then you get to the last episode and remember why you were watching in the first place. 

ytowndan

I just recently discovered the show, thanks to it popping up on my Netflix suggestions.

After seeing your endorsements, I think I need to find a copy of Fire Walk with Me since Netflix and Amazon Prime don't have it.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.