News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TapHabit

So many awesome calls here... Before I found this thread we have started a pool in our hometown (Bellingham,WA) where everyone puts in $5 (mandatory) and gets one call. You can't change you're call and you can't re-use someone elses, first come first serve. Anyone who is calling for a new song (that we haven't heard before) splits the pool with anyone else who voted for a new song. (we have 5 people that voted for something new) anyway, just thought I'd share that, it's pretty sweet, we have around $125 and basically every Phish tune ever on the list. The thing is each of them are pretty much equally as good.

I went with YEM...  I mean, that's the logical choice for obvious reasons. But now I'm kicking myself because when has anything that has had ANYTHING to do with Phish been logical???!!??!

Hicks

Quote from: TapHabit on October 10, 2008, 07:37:41 PM
So many awesome calls here... Before I found this thread we have started a pool in our hometown (Bellingham,WA) where everyone puts in $5 (mandatory) and gets one call. You can't change you're call and you can't re-use someone elses, first come first serve. Anyone who is calling for a new song (that we haven't heard before) splits the pool with anyone else who voted for a new song. (we have 5 people that voted for something new) anyway, just thought I'd share that, it's pretty sweet, we have around $125 and basically every Phish tune ever on the list. The thing is each of them are pretty much equally as good.

I went with YEM...  I mean, that's the logical choice for obvious reasons. But now I'm kicking myself because when has anything that has had ANYTHING to do with Phish been logical???!!??!

125/5 =21 

They've played more songs than that at a single show before. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

MiamiPhish

"If anybody ever gives you 10,000-1 odds, you take it.  If John Cougar Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude."

Gumbo72203

wow, this thread brought the noobs out of the woodwork for sure, didn't it? 

lol. 

Yes, I'm tossing out YEM and Curtain With.  They won't open with those.  Its just weird, and too....  predictable.  And thats teh LAST thing Phish would be, is predictable.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

redrum

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 10, 2008, 09:46:27 PM
Yes, I'm tossing out YEM and Curtain With.  They won't open with those.  Its just weird, and too....  predictable.  And thats teh LAST thing Phish would be, is predictable.

but for the love of God, it's YEM!
and at this point, i'm 50/50 on it.

but for the love of boy, man, God, shit, it's Phish.
figure that one out.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Black Hairy Tongue

Quote from: MiamiPhish on October 10, 2008, 06:41:30 PM
Quote from: Black Hairy Tongue on October 10, 2008, 03:40:41 PM
They're going to rip right in with Possum. 

This isn't '87 anymore, BHT  :-D :-D :-D

what is this willy breathes stuff you speak of?   :banana:

Ri©h

Oh the irony.   :lol:

rowjimmy

Quote from: Rich on October 10, 2008, 11:21:37 PM

Oh the irony.   :lol:

SER

thechad

It's going to be Destiny Unbound, just wait, and when it happens you'll have me, sitting at home wishing I was there, to thank.  :-P
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

G. Augusto

lol. 

Riiiiight...
'Cause no one knew that there was gonna be a Curtain encore for their LAST SHOW EVER.
a

gah

as ridiculous as it is, we're going to be doing something similar, $10 pot buy in, and if no one gets it, the pot (literally) just goes to whoever picked the first one of those songs that does get played. should be fun. my pick was david bowie. of course who ever wins is going to end up sharing with everyone anyway, but it should be fun.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

elbowleg

Gumbo72203

well, actually...  Phish being unpredictable could mean that they'll be predictable.  The predictable thing to do would be to open with YEM or the Curtain With.  OORRRRR!!!!   YEM > Curtain With (out of nirvana space) > YEM.  THAT would be fucking DIZZANKKK

but yeah.  I think they might end up doing the unpredictable thing and be predictable.  How odd would that be?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Mr Minor

Quote from: thechad on October 11, 2008, 02:12:35 AM
It's going to be Destiny Unbound, just wait, and when it happens you'll have me, sitting at home wishing I was there, to thank.  :-P

:lol:

It's funny to me cuz I'll be at home, too.  :(

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 12, 2008, 05:04:54 PM
well, actually...  Phish being unpredictable could mean that they'll be predictable.  The predictable thing to do would be to open with YEM or the Curtain With.  OORRRRR!!!!   YEM > Curtain With (out of nirvana space) > YEM.  THAT would be fucking DIZZANKKK

but yeah.  I think they might end up doing the unpredictable thing and be predictable.  How odd would that be?

almost as odd as that post. :-o
Bring in the dude!