News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Not sure if this has been posted, but this is a cool short.

VA $l!m

K, real quick i just gotta say this new season, #9 of TWD is really good so far.
the last 2 seasons flat out sucked IMHO and i thought the show had officially jumped the shark when they announced Andrew Lincoln was leaving, BUT they got rid of Scott Gimple as head writer and the new chick completely made a conscioous effort to make it like th e'old' walking dead- like with actual zombies and a heavily character driven story with intrigue... and i love it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 21, 2018, 10:18:32 PM
K, real quick i just gotta say this new season, #9 of TWD is really good so far.
the last 2 seasons flat out sucked IMHO and i thought the show had officially jumped the shark when they announced Andrew Lincoln was leaving, BUT they got rid of Scott Gimple as head writer and the new chick completely made a conscioous effort to make it like th e'old' walking dead- like with actual zombies and a heavily character driven story with intrigue... and i love it.

Haven't watched last night's yet but I'm in on this new season too.
Nice start.

Also worth noting, that this takes place in the timeframe that they skipped in the comics.

VA $l!m

just going to say SPOLIER ALERT... just to cover myself, but dman what a crazy "final episode" for RICK...
and then a 3 year(?) time jump for a complete reboot?!! noice.

and to top it off apparently they are EXPANDing  TWD universe and making a bunch of side projects starting with RIck Grimes full length feature films on AMC... so yeah, not what i expected, but cool.
im excited to see RIck Grimes in high budget action.  :samurai:  new actor or A Lincoln? IDK

VA $l!m

supposedly next fall? is the final season... finally lol.

at the same time i swore i saw something about Daryl getting kicked from the show for selling CBD oil or something.

what a decade.

VA $l!m

final season actually really good.
best season in years probably...

VA $l!m

12 years later is finally ends
probably 6 years to late, but i made it!

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 20, 2022, 09:07:51 PM12 years later is finally ends
I stopped watching it 6 years ago. I honestly didn't know it was still going.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 21, 2022, 05:13:37 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on November 20, 2022, 09:07:51 PM12 years later is finally ends
yeah its been pretty shit, though honestly when they changed producers or w/e a year or two ago it sorta got things back on track decently and rounded out about as good as it could.

and now...
3 new series coming next year, lol.
Daryl spin off, Rick and Michonne spinoff, and some other new series.
Though i'm speculating most if not all of these are going to be for their streaming service and not on cable so they can jumpstart their service since TWD is really the only draw they have with a still huge following.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 21, 2022, 03:21:12 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 21, 2022, 05:13:37 AM
yeah its been pretty shit, though honestly when they changed producers or w/e a year or two ago it sorta got things back on track decently and rounded out about as good as it could.

and now...
3 new series coming next year, lol.
Daryl spin off, Rick and Michonne spinoff, and some other new series.
Though i'm speculating most if not all of these are going to be for their streaming service and not on cable so they can jumpstart their service since TWD is really the only draw they have with a still huge following.
The Breaking Bad/BCS universe is pretty sweet too, but now that BCS wrapped-up. I don't know if they have anything else planned.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

My wife and I had the whole "Well, we've watched it this long, might as well keep going" thing going on.  But every season has dragged on longer and longer.  I just wished they all would've died.  That would've been the best ending.  Happy to be done with it.  Finally

VA $l!m

Quote from: khalpin on November 23, 2022, 07:30:43 PMMy wife and I had the whole "Well, we've watched it this long, might as well keep going" thing going on.  But every season has dragged on longer and longer.  I just wished they all would've died.  That would've been the best ending.  Happy to be done with it.  Finally
yeah  was thinking same thing. woulda been nice if they just all died lol.

mistercharlie

In my mind they all died when Glen died.  8)

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 23, 2022, 09:06:35 PMIn my mind they all died when Glen died.  8)
show got soft after that.. i think the writers died.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 23, 2022, 09:06:35 PMIn my mind they all died when Glen died.  8)

My son started watching last Summer. Started at the beginning and stopped on the ep before Glenn died.
Basically, my wife and I refused to watch that so with him and he could tell we were so upset about what was coming up that he didn't carry on.

Not a bad show up to there.
On our original viewings, we watched until Rick left.