News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

weird iTunes bug...

Started by mattstick, September 14, 2010, 09:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I converted FLACs of "Formerly The Warlocks" to WAV, imported the files into iTunes in a Playlist, then used iTunes to convert the files to Apple Lossless.

I can see the WAV files in the playlist
I can see the Apple Lossless files in the "Recently Added"

But I can't see the files anywhere else, can't even search for them.  I've shut down and re-started iTunes a couple of times too.

I have a feeling it's an XML/playlist file error... just not sure what to do.

Any thoughts?

nab

When this happens to me, its usually because I forgot to tag the files and the files are under unknown artist.  I don't know if you are searching for "Grateful Dead" or the file names though. 

I'm sure you've covered that, but just starting simple first,

VDB

Strange. Are the new files automatically placed in your iTunes Music folder, like they should be? If you drag them from the finder into your master music library window (or, alternately, drag them from the finder onto the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder in your iTunes Music folder), will they show up? I know newly encoded files are supposed to automatically get added to your library but this seems to be only half working here.

And this is unrelated to the precise question at hand, but why not save a step and go from FLAC -> ALAC using a program like XLD?
Is this still Wombat?

jephrey

yes, or maybe compilation is selected and they're in the "compilations" folder or something like that.  I'm sure iTunes has them somewhere.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mattstick

No, it really wasn't in there.  Because I was importing them as WAV I was tagging them myself.

The problem resolved itself eventually.

As for XLD, I'm running it now - in fact I had used it to convert the FLACs to WAV.  Shortly after I went into the Prefs and changed it to ALAC.

XLD is awesome.