News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Don't worry.
If Theon actually catches his uncle to rescue his Sis, they may also inadvertently prevent him from ferrying the Golden Company across the sea. Then Cersei will be well and truly fucked.

That would be rad.

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 29, 2017, 03:16:37 PM
Don't worry.
If Theon actually catches his uncle to rescue his Sis, they may also inadvertently prevent him from ferrying the Golden Company across the sea. Then Cersei will be well and truly fucked.

That would be rad.
Damn, good call. Fingers crossed.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

Talking to people at work who've never read the books has been strange when they don't know who The Golden Company is. I assumed that they wouldn't even show up in the show due to all the additional stories that they would be bringing with them.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 29, 2017, 06:40:32 PM
Talking to people at work who've never read the books has been strange when they don't know who The Golden Company is. I assumed that they wouldn't even show up in the show due to all the additional stories that they would be bringing with them.

One of the ways in which we, as book readers, encountered the Golden Company would be kind of significant... but it didn't happen in the show.

Hicks

Quote from: khalpin on August 29, 2017, 03:14:42 PM
Quote from: VDB on August 29, 2017, 02:51:19 PM
Quote from: khalpin on August 29, 2017, 01:35:19 PM
Anyone else thinking Tyrion is stabbing Jon/Dany in the back and siding with Cersei?

I would also endorse that. End the series on a nihilist note. Things have been too straightforward recently.
Saying how much he loved Cersei's children, feeling guilty/regret about killing his father.  Then he finds out Cersei is pregnant and the scene ends (but not necessarily the conversation).  Now's his chance to do something right by his family?  Then Cersei comes out and says she'll help Jon/Dany (although that's a lie, just more scheming).  Then Tyrion is shown outside Jon/Dany's room later....possibly feeling guilty about turning on the ones he pledged his allegiance to.

Maybe?

I dunno I read that scene that he is actually in love with Daenyres and was jealous of them being together and therefore was shoved a little closer toward the "darkside". 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on August 30, 2017, 02:30:35 AM
Quote from: khalpin on August 29, 2017, 03:14:42 PM
Quote from: VDB on August 29, 2017, 02:51:19 PM
Quote from: khalpin on August 29, 2017, 01:35:19 PM
Anyone else thinking Tyrion is stabbing Jon/Dany in the back and siding with Cersei?

I would also endorse that. End the series on a nihilist note. Things have been too straightforward recently.
Saying how much he loved Cersei's children, feeling guilty/regret about killing his father.  Then he finds out Cersei is pregnant and the scene ends (but not necessarily the conversation).  Now's his chance to do something right by his family?  Then Cersei comes out and says she'll help Jon/Dany (although that's a lie, just more scheming).  Then Tyrion is shown outside Jon/Dany's room later....possibly feeling guilty about turning on the ones he pledged his allegiance to.

Maybe?

I dunno I read that scene that he is actually in love with Daenyres and was jealous of them being together and therefore was shoved a little closer toward the "darkside".

I read it as concern for the complications that such a tryst might bring to their alliance.

GBL

So for the longest time, going back to basically season one and when I started reading the books, some of my first thoughts were that Dany, Jon(Aegon), and Bran would end up riding the three dragons in The Great War.  Dany and Jon(Aegon) each actually riding a dragon, and Bran warging/controlling another, which would fulfill the three headed dragon theory.

However, now that Viserion is kind of off the board, all of that seems highly unlikely, which also is making me rethink how Bran plays into all of this.  I am actually starting to warm up to the idea stated previously about Bran (no spoilers).
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2017, 04:47:16 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 22, 2017, 01:04:36 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 22, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
[spoiler]anyone else read the theory that Bran is The Night King? It kinda makes sense.[/spoiler]

Care to explain and/or provide a link?

Sorry, I thought I put the link in the post.  :|

http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/

The biggest thing to me with all of this is the change in appearance of the Night's King from Hardhome and now (peep the nose):

mbw

rowjimmy

Nope.
I don't buy the Bran is the Night King deal.

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 30, 2017, 03:38:49 PM
Nope.
Yeah, I can't get on board with that theory either. I CAN support the idea of Bran and the Night King being linked together in some way. Just too many coincidences that happen to conveniently work out.

rowjimmy

Quote from: aphineday on August 30, 2017, 03:45:18 PM
Nope.
Yeah, I can't get on board with that theory either. I CAN support the idea of Bran and the Night King being linked together in some way. Just too many coincidences that happen to conveniently work out.

Both were created by the Children of The Forest. They're connected by virtue of drawing their power from the same magic.

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 30, 2017, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: aphineday on August 30, 2017, 03:45:18 PM
Nope.

Both were created by the Children of The Forest. They're connected by virtue of drawing their power from the same magic.

Agreed. The Night King has to be one of the First Men, and was created (As Bran saw) by the Children of the Forest, so that has to be the same magic linking them both to the Children. Pretty intense, but they have to have a deeper connection, and I'm excited to see where it ultimately ends up. Looking at the season 7 finale with that in mind, it could make that episode a whole lot more linear.

rowjimmy

GBL

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 31, 2017, 02:33:51 PM
Pretty cool interview with the kid who plays Bran:
http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones-season-7-isaac-hempstead-wright-interview.html

I thought his reaction to the question about Bran/Night's King was funny, and because I read too deep into printed words, somewhat telling?   :evil:

ETA: Wait, nevermind, it was actually from this article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-isaac-hempstead-wright-bran-theories-1033667