News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-09-01 - Dick's - Commerce City, CO - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, September 02, 2018, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

2018-09-01 Dick's

Set I:
Sand, Down With Disease, Shade, Home, Wolfman's Brother, Wombat, Everything's Right, Bathtub Gin

Set II:
Set Your Soul Free > Fuego > Chalk Dust Torture > Twist* > Piper > The Wedge > 2001, Sneaking Sally Through The Alley, Slave To The Traffic Light

Encore:
More

*Wombat tease (Trey)
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cleech74

Another great show. To me, it's as if they picked right back up from where they left off, last night, and this "show" will not be over until tomorrow night's encore. They are killing it right now!🙂
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Wasn't able to go tonight due to our after party, so that was a bummer!

I watched the Set Your Soul Free video and really dug it. Mike absolutely owned that jam. Just pushing the band to certain chord progressions and weird key changes.  Trey also used a super sweet digital beepity boppity backwards delay thingy and it was awesome.

I would have enjoyed this setlist fo sure.

eta: watching Sand now.... Mike is all over the place! I don't think I've ever heard him switch up the bass line so much in the song portion of Sand. Tight.
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 02, 2018, 07:27:39 AM

eta: watching Sand now.... Mike is all over the place! I don't think I've ever heard him switch up the bass line so much in the song portion of Sand. Tight.

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 02, 2018, 09:39:06 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 02, 2018, 07:27:39 AM

I was thinking the same thing when I was watching.

The sand took off so quickly.

Mike was probably the MVP tonight, he was absolutely slaying it.

Bathtub Gin slayed for sure, this may have been my highlight. Really nice slow build and groove until they just started crushing.   CDT peaked really hard with a nice tension/release section at the end. DWD definitely had some high moments, especially being in the 2 spot. The boys have absolutely been bringing it! I am loving it.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

I dig this show a lot. Night one might be stronger in some respects but this one was action packed.

Listen to Trey slay Chalk Dust.

cleech74

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM
I dig this show a lot. Night one might be stronger in some respects but this one was action packed.

Listen to Trey slay Chalk Dust.
Agreed. I think that  CDT from MPP2 was just as nuts.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

VA $l!m

just watched the wolfmans on youtube. pretty solid stuff. Page was killing it for a good portion.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Thrillhouse

I have listened to the Ghost from this night more than almost anything in recent memory. WHAT A BANGER!
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

emay

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on September 21, 2018, 11:55:09 AM
I have listened to the Ghost from this night more than almost anything in recent memory. WHAT A BANGER!

They didnt play Ghost this night brah

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on September 21, 2018, 12:02:23 PM

F'N BANGER!
Bring in the dude!

pcr3

Quote from: emay on September 21, 2018, 12:02:23 PM

:-) :-D :-o :laugh: :clap:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Thrillhouse

is there away to detract posts from my stats? I feel thats deserving.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...