News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Dave's 30 is 1/2/70 and the bonus disc is 1/3/70.

Sick.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on December 19, 2018, 06:15:07 AM

Dave's 30 is 1/2/70 and the bonus disc is 1/3/70.

Sick.

Nice, we were due for a pre 71 pick. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Listened to bits of this show this morning... the "samba" section of the 1/2/70 Dark Star is amazing, and St.Stephen/The Eleven is a monster.

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

one of my favs of 77
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Such a great show.
Excellent boards circulate. Curious how this will sound...

Buffalo Budd

I've finally got a sweet listening room set up in the basement with a 200 disc CD player that had been collecting dust. I filled it up with  :syf: discs and have been randomly throwing a show on each night.
Listened to this one last night and it felt like the first time it had been so long.

12/31/72
Winterland Arena - San Francisco, CA

Set 1:
Around And Around
Deal
Mexicali Blues
Brown-Eyed Women
Box Of Rain
Jack Straw
Don't Ease Me In
Beat It On Down The Line
Candyman
El Paso
Tennessee Jed
Playin' In The Band

Set 2:
Casey Jones

Set 3:
Promised Land
Mississippi Half-Step
Big River
Sugaree
Truckin'
The Other One
Drums
The Other One
Morning Dew
Sugar Magnolia
Sing Me Back Home
Johnny B. Goode

Encore:
Uncle John's Band
One More Saturday Night

The Playin' in the Band is fierce and had me on the edge of my seat.
Solid show start to finish.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

great, great show
truckin > end of set is amazing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Quote from: slslbs on January 17, 2019, 09:37:50 AM
great, great show
truckin > end of set is amazing

came in to state the same idea.  Would be another great Dave's pick. 

mattstick

Maybe underrated because it's a New Years show?  Either way a top notch show that serves as a great bridge between 72 and 73.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on January 17, 2019, 01:16:16 PM
Maybe underrated because it's a New Years show?  Either way a top notch show that serves as a great bridge between 72 and 73.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. As far as NYE shows go, you'd be hard pressed to find a better show start to finish.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Hey, does anybody know the details of what happened between Ned LAgin and the band that prompted him to have his parts edited out of the GD movie?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 24, 2019, 07:22:50 PM
Hey, does anybody know the details of what happened between Ned LAgin and the band that prompted him to have his parts edited out of the GD movie?

Never heard anything about that.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 24, 2019, 09:21:11 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on January 24, 2019, 07:22:50 PM

Never heard anything about that.

I'm not aware of any specific falling out. But, if I'm being honest, it probably didn't make the film in an effort to make it more watchable/listenable. Perhaps if Jerry'd been able to finish the film in '75 he might have gone that route.