News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2013

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

a Montreal fan complaining about rude behavior - weren't they the ones who threw a banana in front of Kevin Weekes a few years ago??

sounds like Boston fans were just being fans.  it's no different than how i was treated wearing my Brodeur jersey to MSG during the '94 playoffs.  spilling beer on a 16 yr old me was a dick move, but i expected no less. 

grow a pair.  this isn't tennis.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

Call it confirmation bias if you want, but the rudest worst people I've ever met anywhere in the world were from Boston.

sls.stormyrider

I was taught that people act as a reflection as they way they're being treated. So, if you were treated poorly...
:evil:

Seriously, I've met assholes everywhere and I've met great people everywhere. I work with "regular people" on a daily basis. People are people, zip codes don't matter
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Quote from: tet on May 16, 2014, 05:06:29 PM
a Montreal fan complaining about rude behavior

Two things. Dude, we have some next level shit going on here in Montreal. Not sure if you're aware, but our city's pastime is fucking rioting. We average a huge one every two years. We love to destroy things that we've built and invested in. Most recent being last year's student protests over a couple hundred dollar hike to university tuition fees that would have been spread out over five years..........to a tuition that is presently some of the cheapest in the world (3,500 for an entire year). We had a 150,000 people in the streets, banging pots and pans at night, fighting with cops, barricades, rubber bullets. We've burned parliament buildings, rioted because a Guns and Roses concert was cancelled, tried to burn the city down because a hockey player was suspended for a COUPLE games. We riot after winning playoff series, we riot after losing playoffs series. We like a good riot.

And as for my Canadian brethren Matt, you'll have to excuse him, people from Toronto are very sensitive (read:pussies). 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

My family is from Montreal though, I get it.

When Superfreakie says pussies, he really means respectful, welcoming and friendly.

khalpin

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 16, 2014, 05:24:35 PM
Quote from: tet on May 16, 2014, 05:06:29 PM
a Montreal fan complaining about rude behavior

Two things. Dude, Montrealers take shit the next level here. Not sure if you're aware, but our city pastime is fucking rioting. We average a huge riot every two years. We love to destroy things that we've built and invested in. Most recent being last year's student protests over a couple hundred dollar hike to university tuition fees that would have been spread out over five years..........to a tuition that is presently some of the cheapest in the world (3,500 for an entire year). We had a 150,000 people in the streets, banging pots and pans at night, fighting with cops, barricades, rubber bullets. We've burned parliament buildings, rioted because a Guns and Roses concert was cancelled, tried to burn the city down because a hockey player was suspended for a COUPLE games. We riot after winning playoff series, we riot after losing playoffs series. We like a good riot.

And as for my Canadian brethren Matt, you'll have to excuse him, people from Toronto are very sensitive (read:pussies).
The voice of reason.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on May 16, 2014, 05:45:38 PM
My family is from Montreal though, I get it.

When Superfreakie says pussies, he really means respectful, welcoming and friendly.

Hahaha  :clap:
The same thing could happen to you in Mtl in the wrong section at the wrong time.  I think it's hardcore sports fans in general that deserve the bad rap for this type of behaviour.  The only thing I will say is I can't imagine this happening at the ACC as half the people in there don't even care about the game (at least that's been my experience but I haven't been to a Leaf's game since 2004).
Oh yeah, I was born and still live in Moncton, where that dude is from.  I would be royally pissed if I had this experience after travelling all the way down there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Yup, ACC is all suits. Toronto crowds are generally lame.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

kellerb

what is this, the cold-weather sociology thread? 

Multibeast12

Hey, do any of you have fans here think that Krider could of avoid Price on that coalition? Seems to be the current buzz around and would like to here your opinion

khalpin

Quote from: Multibeast12 on May 19, 2014, 10:54:35 AM
Hey, do any of you have fans here think that Krider could of avoid Price on that coalition? Seems to be the current buzz around and would like to here your opinion
Tough to say, as that stuff happens so fast in real time.  But yes, he probably could have had he not been skating directly towards him.  However, the fact that Alexei Emelin nearly broke his stick on Kreider's ankle makes a pretty strong case that he was at the very least, interfered with (technically they could've called a penalty shot, but I'm certainly not going there)

Superfreakie

Augustus

I've never opened this thread in my life!
Anyway, I was in the middle of those riots 2(?) years ago for my friend's divorce party.
Was in a cab on one of those busy college strips when the cops rolled up in full riot gear and starting smoking everyone out.
I should still have some crappy video of it too.

Carry on, hockey people!

sls.stormyrider

from the sporting news

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2014-05-19/carey-price-injury-video-chris-kreider-collision-on-purpose-alexei-emelin-rangers-canadiens

notice Emelin's stick hitting Kreider's R leg and then he lost his footing. The video is on the link, come to your own opinion.

another link here
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/18/prust-kreider-crashed-into-price-accidentally-on-purpose/

Krieider started in his own end and was going full tilt the whole way down the ice chasing the puck. The NBC commentator also pointed out Emelin's stick breaking Kreiders stride and throwing him off balance

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=719809

re- the play against the Pens in the above pic - the color commentator on NBC thought that Kreider was pushed into Fleury by the Pens defenseman.

Hockey is a fast, violent game played on a slippery surface. Kreider is one of the fastest guys in the league

(disclaimer - Rangers fan, quoting theoretically unbiased sources)

eta - one more fact to be considered, though, is that Kreider is from Boston. Therefore, he is a total asshole and the only reason why he plays hockey is to be able to carry a stick and run into people at full speed, causing bodily harm.
case closed
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."