News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2015/1/2 - AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, January 02, 2015, 11:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

Man...you guys just don't get my sarcasm at times....lol

In all honesty now, the jam section is quite interesting. Definitely interesting to watch. I'm just not a fan of these slower 'Paugs.....Trey just can't hold it down on this song anymore. Fan pick then 2 note peaks? Wtf is that shit.

Trey couldn't hold his own, and that's a shame to see....I dunno what it is about his approach that has changed, but it's almost as if he doesn't even try anymore.....just kinda goes through the motions, plays octaves, fan picks single notes..and it comes and goes, once in a while you get a flash of inspiration and Trey wakes up and shreds a lick/run and then goes back to sleep.......all while the rest of the guys are at least attempting to sound fresh.

Page definitely wins MVP on this 'Paug though. He's the only one keepin it moving.

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mattstick

I thought this Weekapaug was crazy good.

So what do we think, one more tour with the Thrilling/Chilling samples, then retire them?

Augustus

susep

Quote from: mattstick on January 06, 2015, 10:20:46 AM
So what do we think, one more tour with the Thrilling/Chilling samples, then retire them?

I re-listened to Martian Monster from 31Dec.14, really dig it.  It might be better for Page to create his own, non-Disney samples/effects and retain the original jams.   

VDB

I'm relistening to this show and I remarked on how the first set was pleasantly devoid of poorly played throwaway songs.

And then The Line happened.  :shakehead:
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 10, 2015, 11:27:44 AM
I'm relistening to this show and I remarked on how the first set was pleasantly devoid of poorly played throwaway songs.

And then The Line happened.  :shakehead:

Stash called, it's concerned about your hearing.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Eh, Stash was OK. Not great, but not bad. The Line started off poorly (was Trey even in the right key?) and ended worse.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 10, 2015, 01:54:45 PM
Eh, Stash was OK. Not great, but not bad. The Line started off poorly (was Trey even in the right key?) and ended worse.

Composed was decent but the jam was an aimless whale. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2015, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 10, 2015, 01:54:45 PM

Composed was decent but the jam was an aimless whale.

Now now, there were some rushed peaks thrown in there too.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Just re-listened to the Stash with the Mike's> 46 Days > Weekapaug and it's crazy, they don't even sound like the work of the same band.  Even the Mike's which isn't off the charts or anything has so much more creativity and urgency/fire than the Stash. 

Whatever Trey did at setbreak on this night, I'll have some of it. 

VDB

This is something that puzzles me about Phish 3.0. In the Betty Ford Clinic days you could at least imagine that crazy, wild things at setbreak precipitated the crazy, wild second sets. But nowadays, the first set/second set dichotomy still largely holds true but I can't figure out the obvious reason why.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

just listened through that, and yeah thats some good shit!
mike jam is pretty decent too.

mattstick

Listened to this Weekapaug a couple times today it's bananas with 3 or 4 really cool sections.

Also, before Mike's Song on the LivePhish source someone yells "Trey you're from Jersey, don't you forget it"