News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Ntelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, June 19, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

Quote from: anthrax on June 22, 2011, 05:54:25 PM
Quote from: phil on June 22, 2011, 05:49:26 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on June 22, 2011, 05:03:09 PM
One of the best Phish pranks/stunts evah!!

"Your god damn cat died!"
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Cracks me up every time I listen to it.

hell yeah dude, i love it.

what a fun family vibe that entire day.  great to hang w/ you and your dad on father's day, phil.

Hell yeah dude, what a hell of a day, glad you were part of it.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

anthrax

just got through relistening to this....i had forgotten about the "what" gag again at the end of suzy.  what show/song did this start in?  i thought it was the MPP2 encore, but i remember McGrupp saying it was earlier than that?

McGrupp

Quote from: anthrax on June 22, 2011, 07:20:53 PM
just got through relistening to this....i had forgotten about the "what" gag again at the end of suzy.  what show/song did this start in?  i thought it was the MPP2 encore, but i remember McGrupp saying it was earlier than that?

It was Suzy at MPP1.

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

aphineday

This show does not suck. The Sand was short, but nice for sure.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

rolling up in style!

gah, eb, alumni

All Business

always a party when  :wtu: is around

Harpua Beach Ball

Pops

Kids

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gah

UncleEbinezer

anthrax

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 18, 2011, 05:08:11 PM
rolling up in style!

Wait, you boated to a Phish show?!?  I think that is probably one of the coolest things ever :clap: 

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: anthrax on July 19, 2011, 11:29:33 AM
rolling up in style!

Wait, you boated to a Phish show?!?  I think that is probably one of the coolest things ever :clap:

2 years in a row for me.  I've probably hit about 10 shows by boat.  Such a great time.  There is a long no wake zone on the way in so its really chill on the way in.  And then you just chill at the marina.

One year I just stayed on the boat during a WSP show.  You could hear it just fine.  Since I'm not a WSP fan, it allowed me to still give them a listen without the ticket cost.

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 19, 2011, 11:31:26 AM
Quote from: anthrax on July 19, 2011, 11:29:33 AM
rolling up in style!

2 years in a row for me.  I've probably hit about 10 shows by boat.  Such a great time.  There is a long no wake zone on the way in so its really chill on the way in.  And then you just chill at the marina.

One year I just stayed on the boat during a WSP show.  You could hear it just fine.  Since I'm not a WSP fan, it allowed me to still give them a listen without the ticket cost.

Yeah, this was my first time heading to the Phish by boat. But yeah, I've ridden with my buddy for Widespread, Biscuits, Umphreys, etc. Actually, seeing Bela Fleck and Bruce Hornsby this way in a couple weeks. Really chill way to go to a show. Plus he picks me up from walking distance of my house. It's perfect.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 19, 2011, 12:51:10 PM
That is a sweet deal, great pics!

Yeah, it's not always great living by the water though. I've lost a car to a flood. My neighborhood becomes an island every time it rains due to out of date city planning, and rising water levels and parts of the city being below sea level. My buildings basement flooded one year leaving us without heat for an entire winter. That sucked. But yeah, every once in awhile getting to a show by boat is cool!  :-)

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!