News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Ntelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, June 19, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

relistened to this sand for the first time in a few weeks a minute ago. I like it as much, if not more, than I previously did. who cares if it's "short" (thirteen minutes is long these days, in my book at least) and on the aud I have, the audience lets out a quite staggering collective "oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh" when they do the brief reprise. Love this sand, big time. Easily my favorite of 3.0, and I LOVE the camden sand

/justsayin
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: phil on July 20, 2011, 12:45:56 AM
relistened to this sand for the first time in a few weeks a minute ago. I like it as much, if not more, than I previously did. who cares if it's "short" (thirteen minutes is long these days, in my book at least) and on the aud I have, the audience lets out a quite staggering collective "oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh" when they do the brief reprise. Love this sand, big time. Easily my favorite of 3.0, and I LOVE the camden sand

/justsayin

I agree that after a recent re-listen I enjoyed it more than the first listen back. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

McGrupp

and on the aud I have, the audience lets out a quite staggering collective "oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh" when they do the brief reprise.

that was you and me in the pit. freakin'. good times.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 20, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

/justsayin

I agree that after a recent re-listen I enjoyed it more than the first listen back.

Yeah, def like it better after a few weeks away. Fish just dropping out is such a simple technique, when the funk gets going drop for a measure or two and jump back in, repeat at leisure, fans happy, breaks it up, lets other members toss in licks to fill the gap, everyone dancing, increase stock of said song in show...its something he's under utilized in 3.0 although there are times during ghosts, lights, sands, moma's etc where you could hear when he could've used it.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

UncleEbinezer