News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Natasha Richardson

Started by sls.stormyrider, March 18, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

totally sucks - on a beginner hill no less.
She'll be missed.

I've gotta convince my wife to start wearing a helmet.

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

She probably had an anyeursm that was ready to burst...and then it slowly leaked out.

It would have happened sooner or later anyways.  It was not a hard fall, and she was concious for hours afterwards.

sls.stormyrider

don't think it was an aneurysm, but the details haven't been disclosed. I think she had an epidural hematoma - a type of bleed in the brain. The typical feature of it is a "lucid interval" or "talk and die".

same thing that killed Berry Oakley

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/18/brain.injury/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

fauxpaxfauxreal

Thanks for the link.

Now I'm never taking off a helmet ever again.   :x

mattstick

Very sad story.  I coached skiing for many years, and grew up racing.

I fell and had a really bad concussion once, today I feel lucky to be alive after that fall.

RIP, she was a beautiful woman and wonderful actress.

rowjimmy

It is a sad tale and I feel badly for her family but I had to imdb her to see what she'd done.

I can only recall her in the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap (my daughter has the dvd.)

Caravan2001

People have GOT to start wearing helmets.  I grew up my whole life biking and skiing without a helmet, but started wearing a bike helmet in the early 90's and a ski helmet in the late '90's and will never go back.  A bike helmet has saved my life two times.  The helmets were destroyed on impact, but my dome was fine...This is a tragedy, but wear a helmet people.  Didn't we learn from Sonny Bono?!?!  While that sounds like a joke, it's not...

ytowndan

Very sad news.   :-(

I've never been skiing, and haven't rode a bike in probably ten years, but if I ever start biking again I'll definitely be wearing a helmet.  I never used to. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

hoodie22

Definitely sad news.
I think I'll definitely be wearing a helmet the next time I go skiing....I started skiing when I was 3 and have never worn a helmet. I just can't believe it was on a beginner slope.
RIP

Ri©h

I was watching the evening news when they announced her death.  Shocking to say the least.  Had to tell the wife who was a fan of her work and she was visibly upset.  I feel bad for Liam Neeson and their family.  Too bad.

Quote from: mattstick on March 18, 2009, 10:34:35 PM
RIP, she was a beautiful woman and wonderful actress.

lifeonmars