News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your Trip Is Short.....

Started by Superfreakie, March 25, 2012, 01:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 21, 2017, 10:13:50 PM
With seven years' lead time, the 'paug could own a house in VT by then.
In

I've always wanted to live in VT. I'll just make you drunk assholes pay me when you break your phones
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Quote from: birdman on August 21, 2017, 10:11:43 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 21, 2017, 09:22:54 PM
Watching the eclipse today was completely a surreal experience, I cannot even put into words the flood of emotions that I felt during the totality.  Literally was jumping up and down laughing and yelling.  Really glad I made the 30 mile drive to see a complete eclipse and that I got to watch and share it with my family too. 

I'm already planning on being there for 2024, party at PG's house?
burlington vt. It'll be 100 Degrees cooler.

I'd rather go somewhere hot to avoid the possibility of cloudy conditions though. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: ytowndan on August 21, 2017, 10:03:28 PM
It was 80% here, and I was kinda disappointed to be honest. 

I didn't have the proper eyewear to look at it directly, so I obviously missed out in that respect, but I thought it would still be cool to enjoy the surrealism of it getting so dark in the middle of the afternoon.  I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting, I guess I imagined that it would look kinda like twilight.  I'm not sure where I got this idea from.  In the end, though, it just looked like an otherwise sunny day got overcast for a bit.  Oh well.

Glad you had a great experience, Hicks!  That sounds unreal!

It got pretty dark, but it surprised me how significant of a temperature change there was.  The other thing was you could see an orange glow on the horizon where the sun was still shining, but it was on both sides so it was sort of like seeing a sunrise and a sunset at the same time! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

That was a strange and cool experience. It was at 10 or so minutes before totality that things really began to change – shadows getting shallower, the air darkening shades at a time, insects slowly making noise. Really, almost any amount of sun is still incredibly powerful. So, as the moon moved into position the world sank into post-twilight and there was a black hole in the sky ringed with a faint hoop of fire. I think I stared at it almost entirely, with a glance here to put my arm around my wife as we stood barefoot in the river. I could see the corona waving from all sides to a length of about one sun's worth. Things were quiet. And it was over even sooner than it had begun.
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Man I'm so jealous of all yall.

Florida "the sunshine state" YOU HAD ONE JOB! Unfortunately it was overcast and rainy all day here. My friends out by the beach said they saw it in the breaks in the clouds every few minutes though. 2024 here we come!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

QuoteHow to tell if you damaged your eyes during the eclipse

Use this simple test to find out if viewing the eclipse through a kitchen colander has blinded you

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/aug/21/solar-eclipse-eye-damage
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on August 21, 2017, 10:52:54 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 21, 2017, 10:03:28 PM
It was 80% here, and I was kinda disappointed to be honest. 

I didn't have the proper eyewear to look at it directly, so I obviously missed out in that respect, but I thought it would still be cool to enjoy the surrealism of it getting so dark in the middle of the afternoon.  I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting, I guess I imagined that it would look kinda like twilight.  I'm not sure where I got this idea from.  In the end, though, it just looked like an otherwise sunny day got overcast for a bit.  Oh well.

Glad you had a great experience, Hicks!  That sounds unreal!

It got pretty dark, but it surprised me how significant of a temperature change there was.  The other thing was you could see an orange glow on the horizon where the sun was still shining, but it was on both sides so it was sort of like seeing a sunrise and a sunset at the same time!

Yes!  I forgot to mention the temperature shift!  It was pretty hot and nasty here today, so that was a welcome addition to the fun! 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

nab

Never got dark here, 95%, but the twilight coming from everywhere was worth it. 

emay

Was 92% here. Crazy stuff; it got eerie outside. Like Independence Day where everyone stops and looks up at the sky as it's getting darker. I had some glasses too so it was cool watching it from the beginning. I def noticed the temp change as well.
The tree shadows were weird.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Thats a pretty sweet pic artist rendering.

rowjimmy

SpaceX is still looking at Mars and they're gonna do it with a vehicle they call the BFR.
Pretty sure that stands for Big Fucking Rocket.

mehead

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 24, 2017, 06:43:24 PM
QuoteCASSINI JUST SENT BACK CLOSEST EVER IMAGES OF SATURN, AND THEY'RE INCREDIBLE

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017/08/cassini-just-sent-back-closest-ever.html?m=1

Crazy.  That first one is a painting though.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mehead on September 29, 2017, 09:01:06 AM

Crazy.  That first one is a painting though.

Yup

QuoteThis artist's concept shows an over-the-shoulder view of what Cassini will see
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.