News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Best Shred Vehicle

Started by jedifunk, April 13, 2007, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Ultimately what we've learned is that shredding means different things to different people.

August

The ending of Bowie is shreddy.
-Freddy

jedifunk

yes (matt) and yes (aug)....  we have differing ideas of shred... and the end of bowie is shredtasitc
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Stash definitely shreds IMO, especially in it's '94 and '95 incarnations. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

BEST SHRED VEHICLE EVAR!!!!!!

A

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

jedifunk

damn, that thing shreds more than trey during DWD :o
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

newplanet7

Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

gimmetela

i didn't vote because....

AC/DC Bag...when it's good, it effin shreds.  period.  end of discussion.

(go ahead and lock this thread...   :wink:)

natronzero

When I think of shredding songs i think of Buried Alive, Brother, Vultures, that kind of thing.
Also a lot of Weekapaugs.
How bout the IT Chalkdust?
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Casey Lenahan

10.31.96 DWD shows a little page rage  :banana: :banana: at the end

Quote from: natronzero on April 14, 2007, 02:40:07 PM
When I think of shredding songs i think of Buried Alive, Brother, Vultures, that kind of thing.
Also a lot of Weekapaugs.
How bout the IT Chalkdust?

what about the IT Reba?
I owe Aug $20

susep

That IT Dust hits some nice peaks, some interesting modulation in that version.
I picked Melt but I like them all as shredders, even those omitted.

If we're talking IT shred vehicles, what about the 2Aug.Birds of A Feather?  Probably one of the best shreds of the festi.  Also 3Aug. Ghost has some shreddy qualities.

jedifunk

when i think shred.... i think about whether its worthy of me getting off my duff to play air guitar... if it moves me to that... its probably shredding
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

susep

for me its an overlap of various guitar aesthetics: technique, virtuosity, soul, spontaneity, originality.