News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Live Phish: How to safely remove the sticky goo

Started by twatts, November 22, 2008, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Nice!  Thanks for the tip.  I just had some problems last week not being able to play 12/29/94.  I'll definitely try this.  +k

Multibeast12

Hey Terry is there a way to clean the plastic sleeve's they come in or just do the alcohol in them too?

blatboom

Quote from: Multibeast12 on April 07, 2010, 01:03:58 PM
Hey Terry is there a way to clean the plastic sleeve's they come in or just do the alcohol in them too?
I think the plastic sleeves are the root of the problem so you might wanna go with something else.

Multibeast12

Quote from: blatboom on April 07, 2010, 01:31:46 PM
I think the plastic sleeves are the root of the problem so you might wanna go with something else.

Yeah, I have them in those paper sleeve cases right now. My vol 3 and 11 were the worst. But i enjoy the plastic thing.

Hicks

My LP sleeves now reside in a drawer, as this was just starting to happen to mine.   I replaced the custom LP sleeves with generic CD book inserts. 

The LP booklets didn't fit so I just made some small cuts on the sides of the opening.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

twatts

I wiped the sleeves clean in a similar fashion, then put them away.  I have my discs stored in paper sleeves, inserted in their respective boxes...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Multibeast12

VDB

Funny, I just noticed this thread. And I had kind of been wondering if the "mystery goo" was a universal phenomenon, or just me. Recently I finally ripped all my LP CDs to lossless digital files, so I imagine I'll be messing with the CDs less and less as time goes on. Still nice to be able to pop them into my car stereo, though, so I ought to give this project a whirl some time...
Is this still Wombat?

blatboom

shoreline99

Quote from: blatboom on October 23, 2010, 02:33:21 PM
good call whoever stickied this.

Yup. I never had a problem with the 'goop' until the binder sat in the sun in my car for the last few months. Must have been the direct sunlight that turned the sleeves to mush. Looks like I've got another project to add to the pile.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.