News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Another Check my Proceduresque thread.

Started by Wolfmansbabymama, January 12, 2008, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfmansbabymama

Quote from: phan003 on April 18, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Band Bashing and owning is a 5 step process.

kellerb

If I'm reading correctly, you're burning lossless files to cd then using the cd to generate files in itunes?  You should be able to go directly from Flac -> other file format, on the hd, which would save you a big step and also save you cds (unless you're using them for additional listening).  Plus, if you're going flac -> cd -> other lossless file, its pretty likely that the cd rip will not be 100% exact, and those new files will not be easily tradeable in the future (the .ffps &/or .md5s will likely not match).

disregard if I misread your post

Wolfmansbabymama

No, that makes sense. but, if i wanted to seed something later it would come off my data discs, off my harddrive. Not through the converted to cd>AL files. If that makes sense? maybe it doesn't. Thats why i started this thread.  :-D To help me and hopefully others. Only reason i'm doing the cd step is cause its easier than individually clicking on each track and waiting for it to convert in itunes. plus i'll give the cd's to friends.
Quote from: phan003 on April 18, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Band Bashing and owning is a 5 step process.