News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Amazon Prime Video Recommendations

Started by VDB, June 05, 2017, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

I started season two of Sneaky Pete last night.  I'm a couple in, and so far so good. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

susep

Admittedly not a huge punk/thrash fan however a good friend that I've known since Kindergarten recommended Bad Brains - I Against I last weekend.  He also recommended a great video of the BB on youtube from 1987 that is excellent with a them doing a very chill cover of Day Tripper among other highlights that led me to this doc'. 
Very good documentary that ultimately shows the lead singer, HR's struggles in life.  Very similar to the Jaco doc' except this one has a good, positive outcome.  Highly recommended. 

barnesy305

Quote from: susep on March 16, 2018, 09:18:45 AM

Admittedly not a huge punk/thrash fan however a good friend that I've known since Kindergarten recommended Bad Brains - I Against I last weekend.  He also recommended a great video of the BB on youtube from 1987 that is excellent with a them doing a very chill cover of Day Tripper among other highlights that led me to this doc'. 
Very good documentary that ultimately shows the lead singer, HR's struggles in life.  Very similar to the Jaco doc' except this one has a good, positive outcome.  Highly recommended.

Fuck yeah, I gotta check this out. Bad Brains is a top five band for me.

WillBreathes

tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

khalpin

I didn't realize it was a Linklater film until the closing credits.  Loved it.

khalpin

Barfly is on Amazon Prime this month which is awesome as it doesn't even seem to exist on DVD.

Caravan2001

Quote from: khalpin on July 04, 2018, 11:55:24 AM
Barfly is on Amazon Prime this month which is awesome as it doesn't even seem to exist on DVD.

I have it on VHS lol

PIE-GUY

DUDE!!!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I keep hoping that one of these posts is to inform me that the Man In The High Castle is back...

So close...

ytowndan

So pumped for season 3!  It's odd (but I'm not complaining!) that it's already picked up for season 4.  That kind of thing doesn't happen often, though I imagine that since Amazon has so few shows to begin with, they're not really itching to get rid of any -- much less one of their better ones.  It just seems like a pretty huge commitment to make so far in advance.  Good news for us, though. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on July 25, 2018, 12:09:00 PM
So pumped for season 3!  It's odd (but I'm not complaining!) that it's already picked up for season 4.  That kind of thing doesn't happen often, though I imagine that since Amazon has so few shows to begin with, they're not really itching to get rid of any -- much less one of their better ones.  It just seems like a pretty huge commitment to make so far in advance.  Good news for us, though.

Considering that a tv season used to be 22-24 episodes, I think they're getting out easy here. Probably the producers sold them on an arc that requires both seasons.

ytowndan

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 25, 2018, 01:53:55 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on July 25, 2018, 12:09:00 PM

Considering that a tv season used to be 22-24 episodes, I think they're getting out easy here. Probably the producers sold them on an arc that requires both seasons.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I bet that's exactly what happened.  It's got to be hard on the showrunners to plan out a story like this when you have to take it 10 episodes at a time, never knowing if those 10 will be your last. 

tet

Finally started Man In The High Castle, it's really good.  We plowed through the first season in a week, and are now halfway through Season 2 already.  Perfect timing, with Season 3 coming in October!!  Would have hated to wait 2 years for this show...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

JPhishman

Sneaky Pete is fun. Just binged half the second season with my Dad a few days ago. Good mix of intense moments and comedy as the main characters just hose people constantly.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gainesvillegreen

Absentia, I've really enjoyed this show. At first I thought it was Nordic - I was even watching lips for voice over English lol - but, no. The male lead is a little weak, and the editing in some of the episodes is jarring (not in the good way) but the rest of the cast are good, and the female lead is very strong. Good writing (through the penultimate episode, I will finish in the next day or two). Psychological, procedural, suspenseful, excellent pacing.

After trying Jack Ryan, High Castle, and Bosch, all of which I ranged from indifferent (Bosch) to viscerally abhorred (High Castle), I was glad to find this show.

I have this service mainly for all the foreign language films they have, so series are just a bonus. Highly recommend Absentia.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.