News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

mehead

Watching Fyre right now. Ho. Lee. Shit. This is a must watch. Beyond a cluster fuck. Unreal.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mehead on January 18, 2019, 10:20:20 PM
Watching Fyre right now. Ho. Lee. Shit. This is a must watch. Beyond a cluster fuck. Unreal.

I've already watched both of them. The fucked up thing is Billy McFarland went to my high school. Of course he was one year old when I graduated, but I know that kid, if you know what I mean. He is exactly the kind of douchebag kid I went to high school with. Just pure ego to the point of frauding even himself into believing his own bullshit.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mehead

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 19, 2019, 01:48:10 AM
Quote from: mehead on January 18, 2019, 10:20:20 PM

I've already watched both of them. The fucked up thing is Billy McFarland went to my high school. Of course he was one year old when I graduated, but I know that kid, if you know what I mean. He is exactly the kind of douchebag kid I went to high school with. Just pure ego to the point of frauding even himself into believing his own bullshit.

Dude fucking sucks. Still need to watch the one on Hulu.

mbw

I watched that last night.  At one point it was like the end of March and the festival was in April, but I thought they meant April of the next year, and thought that should have been enough time maybe. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard.

Caravan2001

Murder Mountain is awesome if you like weed and stuff.  My buddy is in the first episode which really took me by surprise because he didn't tell anyone about it at all.

mehead

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 21, 2019, 10:05:55 PM
Murder Mountain is awesome if you like weed and stuff.  My buddy is in the first episode which really took me by surprise because he didn't tell anyone about it at all.

Just finished this. Interesting look into Humbolt County. I did find it kind of weird as they basically wove the whole thing around Garrett's murder and what followed with a look into the culture and history of Humbolt. Almost mashing together 2 stories didn't flow that well. Still a good watch.

Who was your buddy?

Caravan2001

Quote from: mehead on February 02, 2019, 01:05:28 PM

Just finished this. Interesting look into Humbolt County. I did find it kind of weird as they basically wove the whole thing around Garrett's murder and what followed with a look into the culture and history of Humbolt. Almost mashing together 2 stories didn't flow that well. Still a good watch.

Who was your buddy?

My buddy is the guy from search and rescue that they talk to in the first episode.  He told me that when they went to Humboldt they didn't know about Garret's murder or Murder Mountain and had planned on filming an unrelated weed thing bt then they found out about Murder Mountain and Garrett they switched gears and focused on that.  You can kind of tell that's what happened after you watch it.  It gets kind of directionless/disjointed by the end.

cactusfan

Russian Doll is good. Sharp as heck writing. One season of half hour episodes. Given how it plays out, I doubt there'll be more.

It's a Groundhog Day setup, but different.

mehead

Quote from: Caravan2001 on February 06, 2019, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: mehead on February 02, 2019, 01:05:28 PM

Who was your buddy?

My buddy is the guy from search and rescue that they talk to in the first episode.  He told me that when they went to Humboldt they didn't know about Garret's murder or Murder Mountain and had planned on filming an unrelated weed thing bt then they found out about Murder Mountain and Garrett they switched gears and focused on that.  You can kind of tell that's what happened after you watch it.  It gets kind of directionless/disjointed by the end.

Well, that definitely explains it.

Caravan2001

Quote from: cactusfan on February 07, 2019, 12:46:27 AM
Russian Doll is good. Sharp as heck writing. One season of half hour episodes. Given how it plays out, I doubt there'll be more.

It's a Groundhog Day setup, but different.

I think it's pretty good.  Burned through the first 4 episodes pretty quickly and then lost interest but I'll probably finish it.  Natasha Leon does a good job.

mehead

Abducted In Plain Sight

A documentary and it's fucked up on multiple levels.

PIE-GUY

Oh man... I'm only 10 minutes into this but it's already a fucking mazing!

New season of Documentary Now starts soon. They put a complete episode up on YouTube as a promo and it is awesome. A satire of Wild Wild Country called Batshit Valley. YES!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 March 29.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ytowndan

Yeah, I'm pumped for that! Such a hilarious show! 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.