News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Winter Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, December 20, 2016, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gumbo72203

Good deal on that poster haha.  i love stuff like that. 

Been rocking the 3/15/17 show a lot... this Flutterby -> Dunes segment is huuuuuge. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Heading up to Green Mountain College in a little while....  any of you guys going to come join the madness?!

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

birdman

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on April 29, 2017, 03:43:09 PM
Heading up to Green Mountain College in a little while....  any of you guys going to come join the madness?!
I wish.
Bring back stories
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on April 29, 2017, 05:08:00 PM
I wish.
Bring back stories
Seconded.  :sbw:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Quote from: birdman on April 29, 2017, 05:08:00 PM
I wish.
Bring back stories

Sadly, no topless girls this time.  But the band was incredible and had probably the biggest crowd yet.  At peak, during the end of the first set....  at leeeast 40 people.  It was a good crowd.  All raging.  So many girls too.  It was beautiful. 

Show was well-played.  Very different sets.  First set was all glorious hose-y peaking songs with lots of inventive play.  Caton, John, and Tyler had a little female help for the evening, lets say.  Crowd was eating it up.  Wait til you hear this "I Foreign Eye" because holy fuck, it got SO weird.  Flutterby to cap the set was great, perfect placement. 

This was the first time I didn't keep a setlist on my phone because Tyler recorded it... and i regret not doing that now, because I'm struggling to remember what else was played.  2nd set was.... out there.  Suuuuuuuper out there.  Spaced out and tweaked as you can get.  It was interesting to watch because any time a thread would catch, they'd play it for like, 8 bars.... just enough to peak it once, and then Caton fucking smashes it to smithereens, and deconstructs it again, forcing them to find another thread.  Before The Storm -> Hey Pocky Way -> Before The Storm had to be like, 35 mins.  Another space jam led into When The Love Is which was great.  The set ended with Old Thompson -> One Too Many which was righteous.  I have some video of the ending with all the kids dancing.  It was beautiful. 

Also.....  an interesting thing happened after the show, which Scott got to witness.  I don't know if it's appropriate to post about in here though. 

WhatstheUse?

Spill the beans! What was your last interaction with that chick about?!

Fun night. Literally nowhere gets down as collectively hard as Green Mtn. College. I'd say a solid 90% of the crowd didn't stop dancing for the entirety of the show! And yeah.... had to be at least 60/40 chicks...

Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 30, 2017, 04:09:45 AM
Spill the beans! What was your last interaction with that chick about?!

Fun night. Literally nowhere gets down as collectively hard as Green Mtn. College. I'd say a solid 90% of the crowd didn't stop dancing for the entirety of the show! And yeah.... had to be at least 60/40 chicks...

Haha.....  wellllllllllll........   i have an account at this place called Fetlife, which is like an adult-themed social media website.  Some people use it for.... interesting.... things....  but I use it ostensibly as a dating-site alternative.  Because why not?  Some months ago I randomly got a message from some girl in Vermont, and I responded back and never heard anything and kinda forgot about it (I check this thing maybe like, once every 2-3 months if that). 

So, this girl had been dancing next to me the whole night.... pretty cute, really into the music.  When the show immediately ended, I was sitting on a chair and she comes over to me and is like "Hey i just wanted to tell you it was wonderful watching you dance all night, you're so into the music, and you have beautiful hair" or something to that effect.  Her name turned out to be Krista, we exchanged pleasantries and went on our ways. 

Fast forward to the end of load-out, and this girl comes RUNNING back into the hall.  She's all super out of breath, and comes up to me and is like "Hey... this is going to be so crazy....  but.... I have to ask you a question" and i'm like "Uhhhhh okay haha, maybe i have an answer?"  So she pulls me aside and is like....  all worked up and she's like "I literally just ran back from my house to see if you were still here."  She looks at me very intently and in between pants she's like "Does Ocean 86 mean anything to you" and at first I was like "uhhh what?" and didn't really get what she was talking about, but then it clicked and I was like "waaaaittttt... are youuuu!?"

Anyway, turns out it was the girl who had messaged me haha.  So we talk a bit and she was like "so... would you be into coming back up here and getting to know each other?" kinda thing and I was like "yeah dude totally!"

So we had a great little chat and she asked for a hug before we parted ways, and in my post-show brain-melt I didn't even think to exchange numbers.  But I told her I'd message her when I got home, which I did, so we'll see what happens!  Throughout she was like "I don't usually creep on someone's page but you have such beautiful hair!" lol. 

Side note, I learned a $162 lesson in "catch your breath before you drive home".  I didn't smoke or drink anything during the show, but after I said my goodbyes and I got into my car, as soon as I sat down I was like "ughhhhh I don't feel right....."  All of the dancing and not eating enough caught up with me and my brain was a little unwound, and i got a little confused with my headlights and ended up driving out onto the main road with them off.  When I sat down, it almost felt like I'd taken a bunch of amphetamines because my jaw was super tight and it was hard to catch my breath...  just total exhaustion.  So I'm trying to get my food situated, get my GPS going, and I'm doing all this while pulling out of the area where the venue is.  Literally as soon as i pull out onto the main road in front of the college, a freaking cop passes me and turns his lights on and all of a sudden I realize i'd turned my headlights off after I pulled out of my parking spot and I'm like 'FUCK.... awww man god damit".  So he pulls me over, assumes I'm wasted, I stammer out "nah I'm just super exhausted from dancing like crazy for hours".  We talk and he ends up writing me a ticket for "illumination required". 

Didn't know you could get tickets for that; this happened to me once before when i was younger in New York and the cop was just like "Don't be an idiot".  But this guy was all righteous about me possibly striking kids crossing the street, which.... sure.... I get that.  Fair point.  But you couldn't just let me go with a warning?   I'm obviously not intoxicated, I'm from out of town... it's late... I just want to go home. 

He was kind of indignant that I didn't spend the night there.  He's like "what are you doing... it's 1am... you couldn't just stay here?"

Sooooo yeah.  Kinda funny night as far as timing goes, with running into that girl, and how if I'd waited even 30 more seconds to pull out of my spot, I wouldn't have passed the cop and this wouldn't have happened.  Oh well haha.  Always something!

WhatstheUse?

Dude! That sucks about the ticket..... but the chick story more than makes up for it!  :clap:

Man, what are the chances of that? I was watching the interaction go down from afar, an like you said, she literally came running for you! :sbw:
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

That cop knew what he was talking about, you should have definitely been spending the night there.   :evil:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

Quote from: Hicks on April 30, 2017, 02:16:16 PM
That cop knew what he was talking about, you should have definitely been spending the night there.   :evil:
My thoughts exactly.
The perfect excuse to "get to know each other".
SEAL THE DEAL, GUMBO!!!'
Paug FTMFW!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 30, 2017, 12:47:47 PM
Dude! That sucks about the ticket..... but the chick story more than makes up for it!  :clap:

Man, what are the chances of that? I was watching the interaction go down from afar, an like you said, she literally came running for you! :sbw:

Yeahhhhh, I'm a fucking idiot.  I don't know what happened, I was just too spent and my brain wasn't working at all.  It was so weird because as soon as I sat in my seat I was like "uhhhhh, i don't feel good" haha.  Pretty sure my body was just super depleted from dancing and not having eaten enough.  And OF COURSE the first car that I see, the 2.9 seconds after I pull out from that side street that leads to the hall, it's a cop.  Not some other dude who flashes at me to be like "dude, put your fucking lights on".  Oh well, lesson learned!

Quote from: Hicks on April 30, 2017, 02:16:16 PM

Quote from: birdman on April 30, 2017, 03:06:17 PM
My thoughts exactly.
The perfect excuse to "get to know each other".
SEAL THE DEAL, GUMBO!!!'

Yeahhhhhhh I knowwwwww.  I don't know why I didn't go for that.  It was right there in my head too... and I'm pretty sure she would have been down.  Ugh.  She hasn't responded to my Fetlife message either, which is odd.  I told her I'd write her back when I got home, which I did...   and SHE was the one who ran back for ME, so you'd think she'd be super eager to hear from me.  I don't get that. 

This is the 2nd time I've bungled this sort of thing now...  there's this girl at my bank who I've had like a flirty thing going with for a while, and a couple weeks ago I asked her if she'd be into seeing the Magic Beans with me but it was too late for her that night cuz she had to work the next day super early, so i was like "well... what if we just hung out and got drinks or something, would you be into that?"  and she's like 'yeahhh!" and so i gave her my number, but didn't go for the full exchange.  And then radio silence. 

I'm sabotaging myself here guys.  Halp.