News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2016

Started by mattstick, March 30, 2016, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

mattstick

Everyone is really stoked for MLB this season, eh?

I'm back to playing MLB "Beat The Streak", the new iOS app is great and makes pickin' easy.

Jays are  :-o

VDB

I have to admit it snuck up on me.

The O's 162-0 season is still intact.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Twins get swept out of Baltimore!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

antelope19

I have a feeling it's going to be a long, hard fought season between the Jays and O's this year. A little surprised there wasn't more scoring in this first series, but I'm sure it's coming.

O's have some big roster decisions this weekend with Gausman and Matusz scheduled to come back
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

DoW

I need to post this.  My team won but it kills me about baseball.
Mets are down 2-1 in the 5th.  1 run is on a syndergaard HR.  Pitcher hits  the 7th batter and walks the 8th place hitter after a lengthy AB.  Syndergaard wants to bunt him over but pitcher is nibbling.  count goes 2-2 (I think) and syndergaard swings and hits a 3 run HR.  Mets end up winning 4-3.  why are teams so reluctant to let a pitcher bunt the runner over in the 5th inning?  I'm a believer that you need to get 27 outs.  take the outs the other team is giving up. 
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VDB

How many outs were there at the time? I'm sure they were considering the much higher likelihood that they'd get a K or harmless fly or even a DP out Syndergaard than that he'd go deep for the second time in the game.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Pitcher should definitely just throw fastballs at the top of the zone, make it tough to bunt... Even the odds of getting a successful sac bunt down aren't great.

If you look at the Win Probability Index Syndergaard's home run was the big swing that game, the odds of any player that far down in the order going deep are so crazy out of whack that you can't even account for it if you're the Dodgers.

http://www.fangraphs.com/boxscore.aspx?date=2016-05-11&team=Dodgers&dh=0

sls.stormyrider

on a similar note, went to Fenway yesterday. Great day at the park

Papi put on a show - solo HR in the 4th, game tying triple (yes, triple - the CF lost the ball) with 2 outs in the 9th, and game winning double with 2 outs in the 11th.

When Ortiz got up in the 11th, there was a man on 1st. You don't want to walk him and put a guy in scoring position. During the AB, Houston's P throws a wild pitch. Man on 2nd, 2 outs, Ortiz at the plate. My friend and I looked at each other and said, OK, so now they'll just put Ortiz on. No brainer, we thought. Thankfully for the Sox, they decided to pitch to him. Game over
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Lifeboy

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15554750&ex_cid=espnfb

Too good and entertaining not to share...

I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Bautista's punk ass get CLOCKED. I feel like hes had that coming for a while.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

Rangers are trash.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on May 15, 2016, 08:13:48 PM
Rangers are trash.

I don't dislike Texas (or Toronto), but I'm not a huge fan. Growing up an hour and a half from Arlington, it was hard not to root for Texas though. Everyone here is a diehard fan. I use to write to players (Pudge, Juan Gonzalez, Rusty Greer, etc), and they actually wrote me back. No doubt it was from their assistants/publicists/whatever, but it was still cool, especially to a 10 year old kid.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

Desmond totally flipped his bat the half-inning before they hit Bautista for flipping his bat... last October.

Rangers are trash, Odor should get 8 games, then lose his job when Profar comes up.