News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Operation Every Phish Show HDD BP and other Every Show Discussions...

Started by mbwoellert41, March 27, 2010, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on April 15, 2011, 05:15:12 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
Hmm, my 98 is only around 70gb, but I'm a single source type of guy right now. Once I have every show, I'll begin to collect every source.

It's quite an addiction.  Perhaps it would be better described as some sort of disorder (OCD)  :wink: 

There's close to 4,000 Phish sources out there, many of which can still be found today.  Some seem to have vanished forever.

Kinda like my current search for the Schoeps source for 10-15-1998... twatts is gonna check if he has it tonight and get back with me about it, but other than that I'm having no luck finding it yet.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2011, 05:27:07 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on April 15, 2011, 05:15:12 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2011, 05:08:20 PM
Hmm, my 98 is only around 70gb, but I'm a single source type of guy right now. Once I have every show, I'll begin to collect every source.

It's quite an addiction.  Perhaps it would be better described as some sort of disorder (OCD)  :wink: 

There's close to 4,000 Phish sources out there, many of which can still be found today.  Some seem to have vanished forever.

Kinda like my current search for the Schoeps source for 10-15-1998... twatts is gonna check if he has it tonight and get back with me about it, but other than that I'm having no luck finding it yet.
it's a hobby.  addiction would mean those who collect obsessively need help.  I hear denial is the first step to recovery so as long as I keep denying, I will never get to step 2 and will continue to collect.

my summer project is to go through all my music and get it better organized.  my phsih is pretty well organized but I want to narrow down the sources on a 2nd listening drive.  I like having multiple sources because quite often people seek out specific sources.  sharing si part of the hobby for me.

see the 12/4/96 ISO.  having both the ots source and fob allowed me to seed both and let Fee decide which one he/she wanted.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

whatapiper

must have all sources

and big ups to CrazyEd, he is filling a B&P for me of the all FLAC drive.

I know he is busy with other projects so if anyone needs/wants an all FLAC drive or prefers the shn's as originally seeded lmk, i will have both. 

in a few weeks i will also have the mp3 drive and open that up to anyone as well
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

CRAZYED

Let me know what you think and how it works out! Share the Phishvault!

mbw

is there any artwork included in these?

i kinda like the j-cards on phish net and have been thinking of snagging all of them....

mattstick

mbw

mattstick

Yeah, I love the retro J-card design. I will soon have the complete FLAC HDD, just dropping those JPEGs in the folder would be cool, ultimately I'd like to have it all as ALAC with those as the artwork.

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on June 11, 2011, 05:18:40 PM
Yeah, I love the retro J-card design. I will soon have the complete FLAC HDD, just dropping those JPEGs in the folder would be cool, ultimately I'd like to have it all as ALAC with those as the artwork.

cool.  the only bummer is they arent all standard size.  each one is different is terms of length and width.
i suppose i could standardize them all but that would probably distort some of the longer ones, like 3 set shows.

mattstick

mbw

right.  here is an example.
i still think i am going to do it anyway.
almost done with the 80's, kinda a pain in the ass since i have to use snaggit because they are not actual pictures on the site.

CRAZYED

The phish harddrive I created does not have cover art for all shows. It does have art for some.  As time goes on it's possible it could be added.  But the main issue is when you add artwork to the coverart tag field for a show, it basically breaks the file set.  So if you are trying to keep everyone's phishvault sync'd up via a mechanism like bittorrent, the entire show needs to be reseeded.  When you update other tag's such as album, song title, track number etc, all the connected peers only have to redownload 3-4%.   If that makes sense.

whatapiper

sooo, I've had CrazyED's drive for a couple weeks now and as some here would say the $h!t is mint.  It is very well organized and I have not noticed any missing shows.   

Point being big props to Ed and my offer still stands to fill any drives.
beginning to end
we belong

mbw

Quote from: CRAZYED on June 15, 2011, 07:05:45 PM
The phish harddrive I created does not have cover art for all shows. It does have art for some.  As time goes on it's possible it could be added.  But the main issue is when you add artwork to the coverart tag field for a show, it basically breaks the file set.  So if you are trying to keep everyone's phishvault sync'd up via a mechanism like bittorrent, the entire show needs to be reseeded.  When you update other tag's such as album, song title, track number etc, all the connected peers only have to redownload 3-4%.   If that makes sense.

i would never f with the lossless.  the mp3 however....

if someone can fill a pc version of the mp3 i want to get on it soon.
thanks.

whatapiper

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: CRAZYED on June 15, 2011, 07:05:45 PM

i would never f with the lossless.  the mp3 however....

if someone can fill a pc version of the mp3 i want to get on it soon.
thanks.

I am about to get an all mp3 drive from Ed as well, once that happens I'll be glad to fill
beginning to end
we belong