News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

umFrey's dont deserve ph

Started by skullbone dog, January 25, 2006, 03:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullbone dog

i'm sorry i ate to offend anyone, but am i the only who doesnt like umFrey's?  i tried, i went to a few shows but they didnt do anything for me. anyone else feel the same? i only ask because someones looking for a seed, and that made me think about the shows i went too and i know i wouldnt dl them if saw them on etree.

antelope19

Im not going to rule them out after seeing them only once, but, they didn't do it for me either this past summer.  But I didn't DL the show when I saw it come up either. :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

petert686

haven't heard anything i liked, and wasn't impressed by the show i saw. and hell no would i let it take up my hard drive space :-D

rowjimmy

sophist

I have to say that I really dig some of the improg stuff.  Even if you dont like their music, they are all talented musicans.  The jimmy stewarts always blow me away (part of the concert where they improvise a section/segue).
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rlanantelope

Yeah they're guitarist isn't bad, but when I saw 'em this summer, we walked into that pavillion thing on the Big Summer Classic.

Yet, we were only there to really see Yonder and Cheese anyway...

Hicks

I listened to the studio album and thought it kinda sucked, never heard them live though. . .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

skullbone dog

big summer kicked ass, i went to the shaumburg nights on alexian field, the grass was so nice, and i went for the same reason(yonder and cheese) i had to sit out for um. but it was nice watching them from the ball park seats the music still sucked but the comfort was pleasant

rlanantelope

we went in that big as we called it 'indoor shakedown.'

There was a big screen in there so we just watched them of the tv...I must say this, they were better than Keller...

funkymusic1

I think they are the fastest growing, most talented band out there. If you do decide to download shows, one thing I can promise is you'll never here them miss a note. No mistakes is hard to pull off.

Listen to:

Glory, Divisions, 2x2, Atmosfarag, Roulette, Bullhead City, Nemo....just to start.

skullbone dog

i do like divisions that blew me away but then the show(10-9-04) went downhill. i dont hate them, one show i went to had an amazing first set and at the time i loved it, but the second set was horrible, they came out doing this rave type industrial shit and i was hoping that they would continue doing more stuff like the first set but it didnt happen. that show was 4-16-05 if anyone cares to check it out.

antelope19

Quote from: rlanantelope on January 28, 2006, 10:38:47 PM
...I must say this, they were better than Keller...

Ouch..... I have to disagree here.  But thats just cuz I love Keller.   :roll: :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment