News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Operation Every Show (Harddrive B&P)

Started by CRAZYED, January 21, 2006, 06:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZYED

So i'm just about ready to start offering up a harddrive B&P.  I'm just missing a few things from 95 and 97 (see below).  Once I get those completed, 95, 96, 97 = 250gb drive.

All files are FLAC, renamed to etree standards, include complete ID tags with (date/venue/track titles and numbering/source info etc), have been verified before archiving and then md5'd the entire year.  I've also burned dvd-r backups which I would highly advise doing yourself after you get the drive back from me (takes about 45 discs).  In some instances multiple sources have been backed up, for exampe if I had an aud and sbd of a show I tried to get both, but all source info is available upon request.

http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,2303.0.html

http://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,2304.0.html

btw, i'm just about done with 94 as well....basically once the project is done i'll be done....hopefully. :-D

DoW

95 files are on the way.

I'll see what I can do about 97.  have to do some digging.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

rowjimmy

Hrmmm. I like the way yer thinking, ed.

CRAZYED

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

CRAZYED

music_is_cool

so how is this trade going to work? how big of a drive will one need? i think this is  a great idea, and i would love to get one of those. keep everyone posted on the progress, and thank you, good work, all that jazz. take it easy.
-james

mattstick

CRAZYED

Well the harddrive can be however big you want it to be.  If you just want a certain year I can tell you how big of drive to get.   I dont have every show ever YET....but I'm shooting for it, right now 95, 96, 97 (will fit on 1x250gb) are basically complete and 94 is dam close, but 94 is closer to 100gig by itself cuz that was the year with the most shows.  I've got other years that are done but it just takes time to organize them into my archival format.  And once and a while when going back files get corrupted, and i need to go back and track them down, luckly the week4paug team ususually comes to my rescue.  All in all i'm thinking all phish shows will take close to 1.2tb.

If you want the best, IMO this is as good as it gets.  I've spent countless hours trying to standardize, and organize...cuz i'm an ubergeek I guess.  But i messed around with this stuff for years and finally about a year or two ago I decided this is how I needed it to be, and now its finally getting closer to being finished.  And if I B&P this out to enough people, we could start doing a monster torrent of an entire tour/year/whatever.

Blaise

Thats intense, your the man for even considering to offer something like that. I just started tinkering with azureus but can't you just dl parts of a torrent? If you could, then people who might leech off this potentially massive torrent could just pick and choose in order to grab what they need. This would be a great way to have a massive amount of shows constantly avaliable. Big picture shit...

whatapiper

crazy, ive heard you mention this before but thought it would never see the light of day.   im in a pinch with the cash these days with the new baby and all, so new a new HD is not in the picture.   i do have a 100gb external though :|
how long do you think it would take to do a year at time?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

thisistoto

amazing. i would love to hop on that 94 and get some missing shows from ya. Keep us updated, and if u ever need anything either check out www.totoportfolio.com --> audio

CRAZYED

These B&P's wont take long at all assuming i Have the years already completed.  All I need to do is plug a drive in my system and copy over the files since all the files are online.

And yes, many of the bit torrents will let you go through and download select files/shows only.

whatapiper

if you dont mind waiting a bit, i will get my external drive cleared of all the shows and pm you about specifics
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

CRAZYED

Yeah just shoot me a private message whenver.  I'd be happy to provide you with a .zip file of all the text files if you wanted to see source info or anything.