News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

thoughts on the summer tour...

Started by Gumbo72203, April 08, 2009, 09:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 08, 2009, 02:21:57 PM
They got rid of Brad Sands?

Damn.  I think that's kinda ghey.  I understand, but still, he went through a lot of shit for the team, and he deserves at least some kinda job.

Sooo you do think trying to keep Trey sober is "ghey" too?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on April 08, 2009, 02:41:49 PM

Damn.  I think that's kinda ghey.  I understand, but still, he went through a lot of shit for the team, and he deserves at least some kinda job.

Not at all, I just think it's weak that Trey getting sober means that Brad has no job.

Like I said, I understand, but I think it's ghey.  Trey will be sober if Trey wants to be sober, Trey will get smacked out if Trey wants to be smacked out.

I don't think that Brad still working in some capacity would automatically=Trey getting effed up.

Especially since Chris "Domestic Violence" Kuroda is still working the lights.

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 08, 2009, 02:44:30 PM

Not at all, I just think it's weak that Trey getting sober means that Brad has no job.

Like I said, I understand, but I think it's ghey.  Trey will be sober if Trey wants to be sober, Trey will get smacked out if Trey wants to be smacked out.

I don't think that Brad still working in some capacity would automatically=Trey getting effed up.

I think you and sprobeck should just go form your own forum.  Perhaps you could call it douche4bag.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Phunkaddict

Quote from: sprobeck on April 08, 2009, 01:22:46 PM
Quote from: Hicks on April 08, 2009, 01:08:08 PM
Quote from: sprobeck on April 08, 2009, 12:55:47 PM
Rolling Stone has been very anti- :syf: anti-Jerry Garcia, anti- :phish: and anti-Trey and their lists of the greatest rock and roll bands and greatest guitarists. I find it insulting frankly. 

So listing Jerry as the 13th greatest guitarist of all time is "anti-Jerry Garcia"?

I suppose some folks deserve to be "insulted".

Yes, 13th is insulting for the greatest and most beloved and prolific guitarist and musician the world has ever known.  I didn't even mention the fact that RS moved from SF to NYC in the late 70s because "the SF is all homeless junkies on the streets."  For all you who think that junkies are so great and cool...our best and brightest, that's an insult to you too!!
Name 1 album that a guitarist, non-Garcia fan could put on and be convinced he is the best ever, or even 13th best. Not saying he doesn't deserve 13, but I think he made out great coming in 13th.
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on April 08, 2009, 02:50:11 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 08, 2009, 02:44:30 PM

I think you and sprobeck should just go form your own forum.  Perhaps you could call it douche4bag.

What part of my post is douchebaggery?  I seriously don't understand.  The part where I say that Brad Sands isn't to blame for Trey's drug addiction, or the part where I say that I would have cut ties with Chris after he was convicted of domestic violence?

I don't understand wherein lies the douchebaggery?

Hicks

I never said that Brad was to "blame" for Trey's issues, just that there are certain people who aren't conducive to his recovery, and those people aren't around.

Bringing up Chris' personal issues seems like a low blow and bad form.  Even if you know the details of that incident, which you likely don't, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on April 08, 2009, 02:55:54 PM
I never said that Brad was to "blame" for Trey's issues, just that there are certain people who aren't conducive to his recovery, and those people aren't around.

Bringing up Chris' personal issues seems like a low blow and bad form.  Even if you know the details of that incident, which you likely don't, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

Yeah, I understand, I could have phrased it less flippantly.

I apologize for that.

I agree 110 percent with your first statement, it just seems to me that Brad is being punished because of Trey's behaviour.  While this may or may not be true, I think the fact that Trey can't handle certain types of temptations means that Brad no longer has a job is kind of lame.  The segue into my statement about Kuroda, and my logic is, when you start making management decisions for personal reasons which have no real bearing on their job performance itself, why should we accept the fact that Brad no longer has a job, while Chris still does.

I think it is a valid statement.

I'm not claiming that I know the ins and outs of Chris' or Brads' situation, but I feel that questioning the situation is entirely valid.

I do apologize for asking the question in a slightly douchebag type of way, by name calling, but still I think it is a definite valid question.

Why haven't we questioned why Kuroda is still on the payroll?  Or has it been questioned and I just missed it? 

I was actually surprised when he was invited to do lights at Hampton, and was mildly surprised that nobody (myself included) questioned it.

sprobeck

Quote from: Phunkaddict on April 08, 2009, 02:51:01 PM
Rolling Stone has been very anti- :syf: anti-Jerry Garcia, anti- :phish: and anti-Trey and their lists of the greatest rock and roll bands and greatest guitarists. I find it insulting frankly. 

So listing Jerry as the 13th greatest guitarist of all time is "anti-Jerry Garcia"?

Yes, 13th is insulting for the greatest and most beloved and prolific guitarist and musician the world has ever known.  I didn't even mention the fact that RS moved from SF to NYC in the late 70s because "the SF is all homeless junkies on the streets."  For all you who think that junkies are so great and cool...our best and brightest, that's an insult to you too!!
Name 1 album that a guitarist, non-Garcia fan could put on and be convinced he is the best ever, or even 13th best. Not saying he doesn't deserve 13, but I think he made out great coming in 13th.

I don't think it's fair to assume that the person or people coming up with those lists are actually guitarists.  Even if they are, Jerry's best work wasn't produced on an "album" it was from the live shows.  No band or guitarist has been recorded more than Jerry and the GD.  If that's not a measure of greatness, what is?
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

sprobeck

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 08, 2009, 03:03:42 PM
Quote from: Hicks on April 08, 2009, 02:55:54 PM

Yeah, I understand, I could have phrased it less flippantly.

I apologize for that.

I agree 110 percent with your first statement, it just seems to me that Brad is being punished because of Trey's behaviour.  While this may or may not be true, I think the fact that Trey can't handle certain types of temptations means that Brad no longer has a job is kind of lame.  The segue into my statement about Kuroda, and my logic is, when you start making management decisions for personal reasons which have no real bearing on their job performance itself, why should we accept the fact that Brad no longer has a job, while Chris still does.

I think it is a valid statement.

I'm not claiming that I know the ins and outs of Chris' or Brads' situation, but I feel that questioning the situation is entirely valid.

I do apologize for asking the question in a slightly douchebag type of way, by name calling, but still I think it is a definite valid question.

Why haven't we questioned why Kuroda is still on the payroll?  Or has it been questioned and I just missed it? 

I was actually surprised when he was invited to do lights at Hampton, and was mildly surprised that nobody (myself included) questioned it.

This is the first I've heard about the Kuroda situation, but I do know that some people get rejected by those trying to maintain their sobriety or those with a vested interest in that sobriety. They are what's called an "enabler." I don't know if BS was an enabler for Trey or not but he could have been. 
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: sprobeck on April 08, 2009, 03:08:36 PM

I don't think it's fair to assume that the person or people coming up with those lists are actually guitarists.  Even if they are, Jerry's best work wasn't produced on an "album" it was from the live shows.  No band or guitarist has been recorded more than Jerry and the GD.  If that's not a measure of greatness, what is?

I could record myself taking a shit everyday for the rest of my life and that doesn't make my shits "Great"

Don't get me wrong, Jerry is amazing and absolutely one of the best guitarists of all time, but I don't think the amount of times he has been recorded is a solid argument of his "greatness"....
Bring in the dude!

Phunkaddict

Quote from: sprobeck on April 08, 2009, 03:08:36 PM

Didn't think so. Go live then. What show or do we have to listen to all of them.
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

Blaise

This thread is all over the place, stay on topic...

I am curious about the whole brad situation, what were some of the other enablers from past tours that have been removed and what sort of other behind the scene changes have been made other then hiring thast new mgmt company. If someone in the know could enlighten me about what made the behind the scene deal so bad 2.0 and what makes it better 3.0, explain if brad was essentially getting droogz for trey, and other tidbits of info I would appreciate it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I know very little about the main management changes in 3.0...

But I do know that Dionysian Productions is out of the loop, there is no longer a "Betty Ford Clinic" backstage at the shows, Trey travels seperately with his "Tour Sponsor" and goes to A.A./N.A. meeting nightly and I guess Brad is gone too...

I'm sure there have been a ton of other changes too... I'd be highly surprised if "Antelope Greg" has as much clout with the band now as he did starting in 96/97.

I'm not sure if Brad was in charge of actually getting the drugs, but I'm pretty sure that he was Trey's biggest party "buddy".  Where you would find one getting into mischief, you would find the other.

blatboom