News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Star Wars

Started by redrum, December 30, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobafett

They speak English in what, motherfucker?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

emay

zimbra

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 19, 2015, 10:37:56 PM
Epic trailer

So excited. Tried to hop onto Fandango's website to purchase a few tickets for after work on the 18th and their site crashed mid-purchase!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ytowndan

I just got a nerd boner.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

emay

They have a 730 showing as well as a midnight on that Thursday! Nice! Couple tickets left for the Denver showings...about to jump on this

Buffalo Budd

That looks infinitely better than the last 3 imo.
Pumped to see this.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Bought tickets to 7:45pm Friday Dec 18 near my house.

VA $l!m

sexy trailer.
funny the Abrahms (sp?) screen glare made an appearance, lol.
i got chills when Chewy showed up.
no doubt this movie is going to be visually/stylistically perfect.
question is how 'safe' are they playing it with the story.
seems like the whole plan was to put out a class A hollywood abrams flick with no chance of a major flaws like the last 3, but i'm still really hope there is something more than par story wise.
anyone know what Lucas' involvement was in the script or who actually is writing these?
only thing i heard was that the original ep7-9 stories were scraped entirely and this was all a new conception.

REgardless. sexy as hell.
i'm planning on watching ep1-3 to lower my expectations as much as possible before going, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

Pretty sure Lucas is just overlooking some of the production if anything....script was written by a Disney guy when they handed it over to them.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 20, 2015, 05:08:40 PM
i'm planning on watching ep1-3 to lower my expectations as much as possible before going, lol.

:clap:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 20, 2015, 05:13:06 PM
Pretty sure Lucas is just overlooking some of the production if anything....script was written by a Disney guy when they handed it over to them.

Umm

The script is not written by "a Disney guy"

The writers are JJ Abrams, Michael Arndt (winner of the Academy award, best screenplay go "Little Miss Sunshine"), and Lawrence (I wrote Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, and Raiders Of The Lost Ark, motherfuckers) Kasdan.

VDB

Lucas has not been involved. When asked (by either Kennedy or Abrams, I believe), Lucas' response was "Surprise me."
Is this still Wombat?