News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

KShap Interview

Started by guyforget, August 11, 2005, 12:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

-AD_

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

phan2001

That was interesting. I wonder how much the Big Cypress box set would set one back. Im guessing its not going to be cheap.

Has anyone seen the dvd's theyre syncing to the offical releases he's talking about? I see people add fat aud. recordings, but I have yet to see an aud. dvd synced with an offical release.

VA $l!m

great article, thanx guyF.

did i understand shapiro right , that trading video recordings is kosher , as long as they aren't synced up w/ officially released audio??
i thought before that all trading of video was officially against policy.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

phan2001

There are a TON pf phish show DVD's up on the traders den. I always thought they were un-kosher as well, untill now.

CRAZYED

I've got all the team hood releases(that kevin is referring too), they are sickness, and yes mixed with the Livephish audio.  Definatly get them if you can, some are incredible.  You'd almost think Proshot at times, 3 different angles all from digicams on tripods, the sbd audio, its great.  And if phans can do sick shit like that, Phish needs to get working on it.........

rowjimmy

Trading video is and has never been allowed. Kev was saying it had not been a matter worthy of enforcement until the advent of syncing official sources.

Nice interview. I found his thoughts on Coventry particularly er, diplomatic.

VA $l!m

i have to respectfully somewhat disagree w/  that comment RJ.
shapiro's semantics suggest more of a loopole in the policy ,according to his words in this interview ---that the only official stance was against the taping of video, and therefore a stance against trading of video that should never been allowed to exist wasn't addressed directly. and there is therefore no said policy against trading of these inherently illegal videos,
--and  at the very least, as you say,  they are not going to enforce any restriction of there existence , unless other policy issues draws them into conflict (-such as adding official released audio).
of course i could prob find the official policy listed somewhere , and shapiro could be contridicting it.
...wouldn't suprise me.

bottom line___IMO shapiro makes it sound as if  they are "OK" with the trading of the videos as long as they don't infringe on the commercial ventures of PHISH.inc.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Gumbo72203

yeah... it sounds to me like hes being very sympathetic with us phans who have a serious whole-show DVD jones, but is still taking a very Phish-taping-policy-like stance in saying that those DVD's with the synced audio arent kosher.

like, he knows they shouldnt be there in the first place, but its like he understands that since Phish isnt doing anything at all to put out more whole show DVDs that we fans are inevitably going to be trading said DVDs, but asks to still be chill and not sync up the live phish stuff, does that make sense?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jephrey

I agree with that take^

The vids shouldn't exist, but since they do, and there's no policy, I imagine the view is similar to that of the view of audio...   Basically, just don't use released stuff (video or audio).  And you'll be OK.  

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

guyforget

You gotta remember that Shapiro is a phan, just like us.  He just got hooked up with the most killer job on the planet for being one...

If a guy can say:
QuoteThese four shows taken as a whole may leave you dancing in the street or twitching in the corner

Hes gotta be a fan...
-AD_