News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Birther talk

Started by VDB, April 27, 2011, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

4864 respondents in a current denver post poll; 20.45% still arent convinced.  14.5% responded "i dont care." 
-AD_

qop24

Quote from: guyforget on April 28, 2011, 02:33:56 AM
4864 respondents in a current denver post poll; 20.45% still arent convinced.  14.5% responded "i dont care."

:shakehead:

I really can't understand what there is to not be "convinced" of...

How many U.S. citizens are holocaust-deniers and also think we never landed on the moon again?
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: qop24 on April 28, 2011, 08:51:56 AM
Quote from: guyforget on April 28, 2011, 02:33:56 AM

:shakehead:

I really can't understand what there is to not be "convinced" of...

How many U.S. citizens are holocaust-deniers and also think we never landed on the moon again?

I know that government is capable of some really terrible things (conspiracy), but really even IF it is fake, which I don't believe it is, who really cares. 

We get so swept up that the President of the US is the only person that makes decisions that impact us and its not.  I personally don't really care for the guy, but in the end, there are hundreds of other people that actually make the decisions. 

I get more worried about a lot of other idiots in our government and businesses than I do about the President. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

fauxpaxfauxreal

According to Rachel Maddow's show yesterday, 6 percent of Americans believe that the Moon landing was faked.

Something like 35 percent of Americans think that the Government either orchestrated or allowed 9/11 to occur.

Seems like the Birthers fall somewhere in between the two.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 28, 2011, 09:58:18 AM
According to Rachel Maddow's show yesterday, 6 percent of Americans believe that the Moon landing was faked.

Something like 35 percent of Americans think that the Government either orchestrated or allowed 9/11 to occur.

Seems like the Birthers fall somewhere in between the two.

phil

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 28, 2011, 01:29:50 AM
i've spent some time in the south recently.....unfortunately it is not just a fringe ideology.....by any means.....

I live in the south...and among people who are educated and/or well-informed it is definitely a fringe ideology...and among the ignoramuses (Wal-Mart denizens) it is not. I feel like it's probably that way everywhere...being southern and being ignorant are not synonymous (contrary to popular belief).
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

gah

Quote from: phil on April 28, 2011, 10:34:41 AM
i've spent some time in the south recently.....unfortunately it is not just a fringe ideology.....by any means.....

I live in the south...and among people who are educated and/or well-informed it is definitely a fringe ideology...and among the ignoramuses (Wal-Mart denizens) it is not. I feel like it's probably that way everywhere...being southern and being ignorant are not synonymous (contrary to popular belief).

not synonymous, but in the south, the # of ignormauses >>> educated, well-informed people
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

qop24

but the thing is....

wal-marts are more heavily populated in the south

:evil:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 28, 2011, 10:38:07 AM

not synonymous, but in the south, the # of ignormauses >>> educated, well-informed people

This is true, but its not just in the south, we are just easy targets.  Generally being overweight is why we are such easy targets.  I should know I where husky pants too!

sls.stormyrider

QuoteRand Paul: 'I want to see...Trump's Republican registration'
E-mail | Print | Comments (10) Posted by Matt Viser, reporter April 28, 2011 10:53 AM
E-mail this article  To: Invalid email address Add a personal message:  Your e-mail: Invalid email address   
Sending your articleYour article has been sent. By Matt Viser, Globe Staff

CONCORD, N.H. -- The contrast could not have been clearer. Where Donald Trump flew into this first-in-the-nation primary state yesterday on his personal helicopter, Senator Rand Paul flew in on Southwest – and had coffee spilled on him, to boot.

Where Trump was greeted by a horde of reporters, only a handful came to hear Paul speak before the Merrimack County Republican Committee at a Holiday Inn here. And where Trump is heavy on the style and oftentimes light on the substance, Paul delivered a policy-rich speech in a dry tone.

But not without tweaking Trump for his insistence that President Obama release his complete birth certificate.

"I've come to New Hampshire today because I'm very concerned," Paul said. "I want to see the original long-form certificate, with embossed seal, of Donald Trump's Republican registration."
"Seriously don't you think we need to see that?" he said, adding that Trump had donated to Democrats such as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Paul, a Kentucky Republican and favorite of the Tea Party movement, is in New Hampshire as part of a book tour. He had flirted in recent months with jumping into the presidential race, but told reporters after his speech that he would likely opt out because his father – Representative Ron Paul, of Texas – had formed an exploratory committee.

"I'm afraid that I could be kicked out of my apartment," he said. "He's my landlord in Washington. Can you imagine the family strife if we ran against each other?"

Paul, though, vocalized a sentiment felt by many Republicans who are concerned over the amount of attention that candidates like Trump are capturing -- and that it could divert from more serious-minded discussions over cutting the deficit and growing the economy.

"Let's look to Republicans who not only talk the talk but walk the walk," Paul said. "If we find the right candidate I see no reason why we can't win in 2012."

After his speech, Paul went on to criticize Trump in harsh terms, saying that the business mogul lacked a basic economic know-how and was wrong to suggest that gasoline prices could be lowered by bullying oil-rich countries.

"He's always complaining about the president's education," Paul told reporters. "It's like, what economic school teaches you that you can have a bully for a president who sets the prices by just telling countries what price they should charge? That to me shows an economic simplicity that really may not be equivalent to the stature of being president."

Paul also said that if Republicans select Mitt Romney as their nominee, the party would be hamstrung in taking on President Obama's health care plan. The health care law Romney signed as governor of Massachusetts has many similarities to the national plan. Romney has said that he opposes the national plan because he thinks it infringes on state's rights.

"It ought to be vetted and discussed and explained," Paul said. "It becomes much more of a mixed message rather than a real clean-cut message. It will make it more difficult."
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Whoa... Rand Paul... sounding reasonable...
Is this still Wombat?

fauxpaxfauxreal

If that is true^^^, it lends more credibility to my "theory".   :mrgreen:

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on April 28, 2011, 01:42:59 PM
Whoa... Rand Paul... sounding reasonable...

Meh, I'd call it more ass covering than being reasonable myself, Trump is making them look pretty ridiculous.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.