News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Glens Falls Civic Center - Glens Falls, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, October 23, 2013, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: mbw on October 24, 2013, 02:23:10 PM
Quote from: sophist on October 24, 2013, 02:10:33 PM
You guys are acting like he missed the Island Tour Roses  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Life > 3.0.

What's happened to you Scott?
the whale started taking the top position. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: mbw on October 24, 2013, 02:23:10 PM
You guys are acting like he missed the Island Tour Roses  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Life > 3.0.

What's happened to you Scott?

Eta:  don't try and downplay this epic, epic fuckup by smiley.

yeah scotty's being all weird today. smiley needs to be beaten down for this kind of error in judgement.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

DoW

I can't tell kidding from real on here anymore.

you guys do realize that is so[hist posting and not  :wtu:

you all need to do more droogz
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

nab

Life > 3.0.

I think most of us were just poking fun with a little bit of sarcasm.

That and I do wish I Phish came closer to me more often, cause flying out of here is some expensive ass shit.  Portland and Seattle are 500 + miles from here, Denver is almost 900 miles from here, so driving is a good investment in time and money as well. 

But I know where I live, and not seeing a lot of music is one of the compromises I make to stay here.   

sophist

Quote from: DoW on October 24, 2013, 02:39:58 PM

I'll be reporting for that duty in about 4 hours. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mbw

I'm pretty sure I know what Scott looks like, thanks for trying though!   :roll:

Buffalo Budd

I'll be putting on close to 1,000 miles this weekend to see em and I'm sure it will totally be worth every penny/minute/brain cell.  :rawk:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 24, 2013, 03:00:18 PM
I'll be putting on close to 1,000 miles this weekend to see em and I'm sure it will totally be worth every penny/minute/brain cell.  :rawk:

And this is why we're friends.

Wait, what?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: gah on October 24, 2013, 03:08:25 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 24, 2013, 03:00:18 PM

And this is why we're friends.

You know it bud, wish I had made the trek down to Hampton.  I know of one group that headed down from here.
Someday, I hope to be in that building for a show.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sMILEy

Quote from: mbw on October 24, 2013, 01:55:39 PM
Quote from: sMILEy on October 24, 2013, 01:22:59 PM
This is one of those shows where i could of gone, and should of gone, but for some reason, didnt.
And now, just like i could of predicted, im sad, pissed and annoyed with myself for not going.
There will be others...  :cry:

Way to fail man, way to fail.    :shakehead:
yea i kno, i guess i jsut didn't think id be able to score tickets and been so busy so haven't really tried to, but yesterday, SF said he got offered tickets from 3 different people... thats when i realized i messed up.  :shakehead:

rowjimmy

gah

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

anthrax

Life > 3.0.

LOL!  yes, when your life is touring with a band. 

when i was touring with a band, Life > 2003 Ph, by a long shot.  however now i live by the rule of catch any and every show you can.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Multibeast12 on October 24, 2013, 10:52:13 AM
Judging by the reviews I might listen. But also in those reviews I've heard more talk of velvet sea being the highlight......so I might not listen

Velvet Sea was not THE highlight, it was merely its own highlight in that Trey made the song musically relevant in an era where most are offensively redundant.  After that Twist, it was pretty much the perfect placement.  I'm still amazed at how much Trey made the song matter by doing such a small little almost insignificant thing, by actually playing a legitimate melodic idea, and not just noodle out his solo. 

Fish made this version have the right amount of energy.  I'm listening to it now, attentively for the first time.  Its holding up.  Its got the right amount of Mike bounce, Fish drive, and Trey embelishment.  The start to the solo section is really fucking nice.  Trey and Page have this delicate balance thing going on against each other.  Man, I can't believe I'm reviewing a fucking Velvet Sea.  What the hell, Phish.  Way to play your music the right way....

Trey's first idea comes in at 4:21, and then listen to Mike and Fish finish his rhythmic "idea" at 4:37.  That was fucking cool.  I love the chords he's "soloing" with at the 5:00 mark.  Fishman accompanying perfectly with his fills...   tension building at 5:33, and the thing that impressed me at the show begins at the 5:37 mark; that ascending melody makes such a difference in giving this version some relevance and staying power.  Love this Velvet Sea.

Just finished a sit-through of the Twist before.  Man, that is some great Phish music.  I love it when Trey doesn't have to solo and they just make like, jam-songs I guess. 

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again