News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 22, 2017, 11:57:02 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2017, 02:59:16 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 22, 2017, 01:14:44 PM
I went by at 8 (store opens at 7). Wasn't really anyone there. I grabbed GD, Wes Montgomery and Super Furry Animals.  Was in and out in 6 minutes. The Bowies were gone and so were the Acid Tests. If anyone sees the GD/Kesey Acid Test online, let me know. And if you find one in a store, snag it and I will get you back. Thanks!

There was one at my shop this afternoon. I can ask the owner if it's still there.

If it's not a hassle, that would be cool. No big deal if not.  I am sure it will pop up.  But if you do snag one, I would be stoked and will send you some good double I have in addition to the cost of the album.  It was a $20 album, but going for $50 on eBay now.

Also, a friend scored me Claypool Lennon, so I am stoked.  Also, Sean Lennon liked my Claypool Lennon post on IG, so that made my day today.

I went right as he opened today and grabbed The Acid Test for you and also found myself a copy of the Wes Montgomery release that I didn't see there yesterday.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

DoW

here's some RSD releases (including Marcys Playgrpund)
https://www.joesalbums.com/?target=search&mode=search
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Hicks

I'm ISO a Bowie Cracked Actor if anybody sees one, thanks.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 23, 2017, 12:26:29 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 22, 2017, 11:57:02 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2017, 02:59:16 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 22, 2017, 01:14:44 PM
I went by at 8 (store opens at 7). Wasn't really anyone there. I grabbed GD, Wes Montgomery and Super Furry Animals.  Was in and out in 6 minutes. The Bowies were gone and so were the Acid Tests. If anyone sees the GD/Kesey Acid Test online, let me know. And if you find one in a store, snag it and I will get you back. Thanks!

There was one at my shop this afternoon. I can ask the owner if it's still there.

If it's not a hassle, that would be cool. No big deal if not.  I am sure it will pop up.  But if you do snag one, I would be stoked and will send you some good double I have in addition to the cost of the album.  It was a $20 album, but going for $50 on eBay now.

Also, a friend scored me Claypool Lennon, so I am stoked.  Also, Sean Lennon liked my Claypool Lennon post on IG, so that made my day today.

I went right as he opened today and grabbed The Acid Test for you and also found myself a copy of the Wes Montgomery release that I didn't see there yesterday.

Killer dude!  Thanks!

mattstick

Still on the lookout for NY Decade, Bill Evans, Art Pepper and the Strawberry Fields 7"...

mattstick

Bullmoose is pretty crashed out right now.

Bullmoose only ships to Canada? I swear I've ordered from them before...

Buying records shouldn't be this hard.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on April 24, 2017, 09:49:29 AM

Still on the lookout for NY Decade, Bill Evans, Art Pepper and the Strawberry Fields 7"...

I can get you a Decade if you are still ISO, but I'm not sure I understand the appeal of a RE of such a common record. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on April 25, 2017, 01:57:55 AM
Quote from: mattstick on April 24, 2017, 09:49:29 AM

I can get you a Decade if you are still ISO, but I'm not sure I understand the appeal of a RE of such a common record.

It's remastered, but yeah, I hear you.

mattstick

I can't really stress enough how hard it is to find and buy Neil Young records in Canada.

Sure I could go on Discogs and buy from the US but I'm paying another $20 - $25 US in shipping, convert all that to $CAD and it's crazy.  Plus I have to trust someone else's judgement on NM/VG, etc...

In the case of Decade, which I had on CD in very formative years, I like the cost certainty of retail pricing and shipping + new LPs....  anyhow, I've moved on now.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on April 25, 2017, 01:08:37 PM
I can't really stress enough how hard it is to find and buy Neil Young records in Canada.

Sure I could go on Discogs and buy from the US but I'm paying another $20 - $25 US in shipping, convert all that to $CAD and it's crazy.  Plus I have to trust someone else's judgement on NM/VG, etc...

In the case of Decade, which I had on CD in very formative years, I like the cost certainty of retail pricing and shipping + new LPs....  anyhow, I've moved on now.

Shit man, I probably have a beater copy that I will never listen to, if I find it and it's not in too bad of shape I'll send it to you for shipping plus a few bucks. 

mattstick

Sure, or maybe a trade? I'll pm you.

Caravan2001

I custied up and pre-ordered the new Sgt. Peppers today.  second LP is all unreleased outtakes, first LP is a remaster.  Not sure how it will be different from the last re-master.  I think the CD box comes with a 5.1 surround mix version.

Augustus

Was curious about that.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on April 25, 2017, 01:08:37 PM

He's always been a dick about that I think. Just Canada in general.