News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jam>

Not a Phish interview, but wanted to share this one with Dave Kemper, who drummed with JGB from 83-93. Some unique insight into that band.
https://people.well.com/user/shmo/kemper.html

anthrax

Quote from: jam> on October 09, 2018, 12:46:29 PM
Not a Phish interview, but wanted to share this one with Dave Kemper, who drummed with JGB from 83-93. Some unique insight into that band.
https://people.well.com/user/shmo/kemper.html

great read!  thanks for posting!

anthrax

ISO links to any of the xm radio band interviews that are taking place this month.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on December 15, 2018, 09:50:14 AM
ISO links to any of the xm radio band interviews that are taking place this month.

Kicks off Monday when Jam On becomes Phish radio for the rest of 2018.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 16, 2018, 05:38:13 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 16, 2018, 05:27:27 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 16, 2018, 05:03:11 PM

relative material!

I think you mean "relevant" material.

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!!

trey looking really old in that pic....i also like that it's 6 weeks later, and people are still wanting to know more about how that set came about...that just shows how great it was. Even elsewhere on here, another thread, people talking about burning a cd or buying a cd....cd's!?!?! we're talking about fucking with cd's just to listen to this set in our motorized vehicles that take us from place to place...crazy. Phish....you're funny. Thanks for being.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on December 17, 2018, 03:40:53 PM

trey looking really old in that pic....

Not for nothin' - Here's Jerry at 53 - just before he passed:

Here's Terry at 54 now:

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 17, 2018, 05:04:32 PM
Quote from: gah on December 17, 2018, 03:40:53 PM

trey looking really old in that pic....

Not for nothin' - Here's Jerry at 53 - just before he passed:

Here's Terry at 54 now:

A mess of cherry gacia and a more casual approach to grooming and... Trey could be right there.

gah

Don't know if this was posted up elsewhere but....Ask Trey!!! (vol 2)

https://soundcloud.com/user-970720966/sets/ask-trey-volume-2

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: gah on December 18, 2018, 09:26:51 AM
Don't know if this was posted up elsewhere but....Ask Trey!!! (vol 2)

https://soundcloud.com/user-970720966/sets/ask-trey-volume-2

Trey doesn't know what 3.0 means. What a noob.
Bring in the dude!

emay

Thought the parts about his sobriety were pretty heavy stuff. Good insights.

""I meditate and then I do my vocal warm-up and then I go in the bathroom and I always kind of kneel down in front of the toilet. And there's a reason that I do that. Because I used to drink too much and it put me in front of that toilet and I like to remind myself how grateful I am that today I haven't had to do that, in 12 years. That's a powerful thing to me."
"I also have to admit that I often think about whether there's somebody in the audience who's trying to get sober. I kind of try to tell myself that's enough for me – to be in unity with that person in the back row. It doesn't have to be a good show or a bad show, just standing there not behaving the way I used to 13 years ago is enough of a gift for me. And that usually gets me up to the middle of the stage in the right headspace."

gah

Quote from: emay on December 18, 2018, 12:28:35 PM

Thought the parts about his sobriety were pretty heavy stuff. Good insights.

""I meditate and then I do my vocal warm-up and then I go in the bathroom and I always kind of kneel down in front of the toilet. And there's a reason that I do that. Because I used to drink too much and it put me in front of that toilet and I like to remind myself how grateful I am that today I haven't had to do that, in 12 years. That's a powerful thing to me."
"I also have to admit that I often think about whether there's somebody in the audience who's trying to get sober. I kind of try to tell myself that's enough for me – to be in unity with that person in the back row. It doesn't have to be a good show or a bad show, just standing there not behaving the way I used to 13 years ago is enough of a gift for me. And that usually gets me up to the middle of the stage in the right headspace."

Yeah, that was pretty, pretty great. He doesn't talk about that much. But he nailed it, spot on, about how him just being up there, doing what he does, and doing it sober, is absolutely inspiring to any one in that room that is doing that show sober. You feel that connection, and know it's ok to be there like that, even if everyone around you might be spun out of their minds. I actually talked to George Porter Jr about that once after a show, when it was just him and me hanging by the merch table, and he started tearing up. That was pretty cool too.

Anyhow, I dig this series and Phish Radio, they need to just make that a permanent thing!