News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Widespread Panic w/ Herring

Started by CRAZYED, October 22, 2006, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZYED

Go see this band.  I havent seen energy at a show like last night in a long long time.  Jimmy absolutely RIPPED it up and the Riverside Theatre just got leveled.  What a rowdy night in beer city.   Checkem out if you didnt like them before give them a chance with Jimmy charging ahead.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mixmasterob

i saw them in macon and charlotte....just sent out my new years order today....they are rockin big time these days.

mattstick

What if you live in Europe AND don't like either WSP OR Jimmy Herring??

CRAZYED

then you might just have to keep listening to trey's shitty new album.

rowjimmy

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

I've been trying to think of a witty comeback that does'nt "bash" WSP, but I could'nt so I won't.

Not my cup of tea...

mattstick

ouch!  Someone hit me with a -1 for that comment...  shame on you!

gainesvillegreen

Glad to hear you had a good time (American-based) Matt.  I plan on catching them the next time they come through....I've been pretty impressed with everything I've heard so far this tour with Jimmy in the band.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on October 23, 2006, 12:47:52 PM

ouch!  Someone hit me with a -1 for that comment...  shame on you!
thats weak... +k

CRAZYED

I guess I didnt go in with high hopes.  I expected to hear jimmy out of sync at times and not really sound super polished on panic's material but he was really zoned in and seemed to just nail the material and his solo's when he was given the spotlight.   I think jimmy is and always has been an amazingly talented guitar player and it just prooved again that his abilities are top notch.  I think he will take this band to great places that they never would have even been capable of with houser or anyone else.  I was never a HUGE fan of houser but I did enjoy panic with him, he is the panic.  But I think jimmy has a bit of the houser sound but he's got his own unique sound going on too which I think makes this band that much better and might make some people see this band differently and appreciate what they do.  And some people will continue to hate on widespread because they can and its just not their cup of tea.  This band has the rock and roll thing figured out.

sophist

Crazyed,
I happen to agree with you.  I think Herring will make them better than they could of been with Houser.  Herring's sound fits in perfectly with panic imo.  I can't wait til a couple tours from now (if he stays, the website doesn't have him as a member yet) to hear how much progress the band will have made. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

I wouldn't bank on Herring staying permanently but, from the reviews they're getting I bet they'll talk about it.

sophist

Thats my only fear, if he leaves, then panic is done and that would be a shame imo.