News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The First Debate

Started by cactusfan, September 26, 2008, 01:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 30, 2008, 01:43:04 PM
Your arguments are really long and probably well thought out but you are really dodging the central issue.  A vote for McCain is a vote to continue the 'wrongheaded' policies of the previous years.

We're talking about presidential politics here. The debate wasn't about congressional elections.

Agreed that Bush isn't solely to blame in as much as he had support from the RNC members of the congress.
One of whom happens to be John Freakin McCain.
I blame the length of my responses on my LSAT preparation.  I have to write out EVERYTHING, and it is quite tedious.  Plus, I'm getting accustomed to reading really, really long arguments, so I think it is seeping into my consciousness to stretch the limits of message board opining.   

Quote from: Hicks on September 30, 2008, 01:44:07 PM
Quote from: Sophist on September 30, 2008, 01:25:25 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 30, 2008, 12:58:05 PM
Yes morality is dictated in large part by ones religous background, or lackthereof, which in turn influences all kinds of things.

Do I think that makes one's choice of the church they attend and the decisions to back political policy analgous? 

Not in the slightest. 
you should hold the same standard for Palin then.   :wink:  :evil:

My problem with Palin, first and foremost, is that she's an idiot. 
:-D
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Mr Minor

Yes morality is dictated in large part by ones religous background, or lackthereof, which in turn influences all kinds of things.

Do I think that makes one's choice of the church they attend and the decisions to back political policy analgous? 

Not in the slightest. 

:lol:
:clap:

rowjimmy

Not in the slightest. 

Plus they're religious wackos in my book.
It's just a question of how it reflects in their words and actions.

Hicks

I don't have a problem with people being religious, I do have a problem with legislating religous beliefs and fanatiscm in general.

I mean the father of genetics was a monk, I enjoy a good trappist ale from time to time, so they can't all be bad.   :-)
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Hicks, I just noticed your sig.   :-D pretty funny. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: Sophist on September 30, 2008, 02:06:50 PM
Hicks, I just noticed your sig.   :-D pretty funny. 

and f'ing scary.   :|
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

I thought he said the same thing like 9 days before the collapse  :? which made it even funnier to me.  Am I wrong on that ?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on September 30, 2008, 02:10:16 PM
I thought he said the same thing like 9 days before the collapse  :? which made it even funnier to me.  Am I wrong on that ?

He said it then and at nearly every speech in between.

Poster Nutbag

You really can't hold these comments agaist him...
because on his own admission he said...
Quote"I'm not an expert on the economy"
but we should all believe in his leading skills because He's The Maverick and The Sheriff...and that alone wins my vote....
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ