News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

•••YOUR FAVORITE TRIP••••

Started by zenster, April 16, 2005, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenster

This is the only other online forum I have found that I enjoy.So ill share the same thread i did with pp.com.

Since today is the anniversary of Hoffmans  psychedellic Bike ride,
I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone out there has the abillity and/or the gumption to share their most insane experience .
I realize it takes alot of guts and a ridiculious ability to be loquacious and articulate to actually explain what goes on during this kind of experience.
This being said,  i dont expect this thread to get alot of replies but ill put my money where my mouth is by going first...
ENJOY...

http://www.phenster.com/lot-archive/Archive-Stories/WARFIELD-STORY.html
Enjoy!

jedifunk

well, i'll have to read your post on the other forum later, but here's one of mine.  but i'll give the abridged version:
-some background: after being heavily into psychedellics for quite a while, i had a very very intense experience with multiple drops of L (another story perhaps). i spent the better part of a week trying to come down just a little to no avail.  after this experience i decided to take a break/call it quits

about 4-5 years (and over 125 phish shows) later, i became interested again after reading adlus huxley's 'the island' (great book btw, highly recommended) and of course, mr. timothy leary's 'flashbacks', i decided i had been using psychedellics the wrong way, and decided to give them another try for a more useful purpose (those discussed by both leary & huxley).

-mushys were the choice.  i also have a friend who is extremely into all of this, and i decided i needed him along for the journey, so i flew him in for the weekend from florida.

-3 of us (friend, wife, myself) in our apartment (one bedroom).  took them via a very very potent tea.
-story:

so after drinking up, we decided to step outside to have a cig and wait for things to begin.  so we're sitting outside, and within 10 minutes, i've got this 'funny' feeling.  not your typical psychedellics are kicking in feeling, but that i'm getting sick to my stomach feeling.  so i make a mad dash back inside to the bathroom.  i get there and start praying to the porcelain god.  but mind you, i'm a control freak when it comes to my body and mind, so i try to fight it off (i hate puking btw).

so i'm hunch over, clutching the toilet, trying to keep it together.  i think this actually helped propel me out into the stratosphere.  i'm concentrating so hard on not puking that i dont realize that the mushys have kicked in full throttle.  then i finally think i've got the puking thing under wraps, so i try to get up... BUT NO WAIT... its not safe away from the toilet... so drop down and hug the toilet again... AHH SAFETY!...  its now that i realize how spun i am, and as i'm laying there with my head in the toilet, i open my eyes and peer into the bottom.  and then it truly hits me...

everything comes rushing in, i can control everything... my thoughts... my actions... what i see... dont see...  everything.  

by this time of course at least an hour or so has gone by and my wife & friend have come back inside.  apparently they've been trying to talk to me for over 45 minutes, but have gotten not a single response.  and as these revelations are washing over me, i cant help but laugh... and laugh... and laugh...  its a comedy i apparently kept shouting... ITS ALL A COMEDY!  MY COMEDY!  i've found that its MY MIND that controls everything... my perception, my reality, EVERYTHING!  i can make myself believe whatever i want.

so i decide to test my theory...  i decide to make myself afraid, to not want to be spun anymore... and thats exactly what happens!!!!  BUT... i know i'm still in control, so i just tell myself to calm down... and i do!  then i decide i want to have fun, so i let myself tune into the music that is being played on the stereo... phish obviously ;) ... 6/30/00 set 2 to be exact (thats the sick sick run of Halley's Comet > The Mango Song > Twist,  with the lovelythe Inlaw Josie Wales, the funk of Back on the Train > Makisupa Policeman, and the rest of the set Farmhouse, Sleeping Monkey > David Bowie).

and i'm mesmorized by the sheer beauty of the sounds coming from gamehenge thru the band and out into the universe (to quote trey in forbins from my second show 10/5/95).  completely spellbound by this.

btw, dont forget i'm still hugging the toilet looking at the bottom of it!

anyways, to make what was going to be the short version, a bit shorter, i spent the better part of 3 hours glued to the toilet talking about THE COMEDY.  finally i decide that because i'm in control, that its safe to move away from the toilet, and join the other two (who btw have been having a fantastic time of their own) who are lying on our bed in the bedroom, chatting it up, listening to the music, and vibing with all the amazing gems and crystals that we are fortunate to have.

as a side note, we never changed the CD the entire night, we must have listened to that set about 20 times!!!!

the rest of the night was spent discussing our place in this universe, our spirit, our philosophies on life, the healing power and general beauty of crystals... and of course, PHISH!

we finally fell asleep sometime in the early morning... woke up the next day, and i felt like a completely different person than i had been just 12 hours before.  what a night!

btw, many other little side stories lie buried in that night, just swirling around the toilet bowl (and my head).

the power of psychedellics is amazing and special.  hope you all enjoy this journey into my head!  happy anniversary!!!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

noah-

just finished reading your story... quite an experience to be sure.  you were able to give me a glimpse (probably about 1/10) of what was going on for you during that time.  sounded like fun.  also sound like it was very eye opening and perhaps was a revelation of sorts for you, much like my story was for me.

thanks for sharing, and happy anniversary!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

ahhhh the porcalin temple....: )

Im sure has been a astral portal for many !!!

Good times good times...

Yeah man , That experience from 99 is a s fresh in my mind as the day it happened.
It wasnt even like a hallucination.... more of a glimpse into the past and the future....

I have a few more up my sleeve but they take me a while to write them down...

Next stop?  

Phil and friends Red rocks.....!!

Seriously  .......

Just as fantastic than the warfield....

Ill get writing!

thanks for sharing!!

noah
Enjoy!

zenster

4/17/99  ---- the magic is in the air..........

The final night..

The curtain rises and the band floats right into dark star.....

in the middle of dark star kimock drifts into a beautiful "its up to you" and "my favorite things"

An interesting note about these shows is that each night , the shows got shorter and shorter.

By the 17th the shows were only an hour long but just as intense and psychedellic.

For those who havent heard the audience copies of these shows, Kimocks guitar sounds like a sitar when the notes hit the air  and weaves like a genie's mist throught the room spattering colors and textures around the Warfield like the persian rugs upon which they stand.

I closes my eyes and im transported back in time to an ancient theatre where egyptians dance to the music in front of a golden temple.
The hyrolyphics are engraved into the gold walls and the floor leading into the temple is of blue and white marble. There are elaborite pillows and wall dressings lining the inside of what looks like the lamp from "I dream of Jeanie".
Sentinals lining the corridor becon me to follow as I float above the ground towards the fire place.
Beautiful women adorned with  antique jewlery and thick makeup,  caress their silken dresses and deliver exotic fruit to the plush pillow lined couches that I relax upon. Kimock relaxes now as girls fan them with palm fronds as he kicks back in a chair with his feet up and lets the music play the band. Phil reads from a large book of poetery and looks like shakespeare from the 14th century.  Trey rests agains the piano with a drink in his hand and the dancers pantomime out the actions of the music.  The sky above opens up and the slipstream of life shows itsself to the earth dwellers. An apologetic voice speaks in our minds.... Were sorry ...it was an accident... but were going to try to make it as plesant as we can for you while your here.....a remorseful Stella blue  echoes on and I can see the place in the galaxy where life "JUST IS'...... It is peaceful here but there are more messages to come.... We  are not alone on the 'mountians of the moon'....20 degrees of solitude 20 degrees in all...all the kings and the queens assemble in the hall...  The floor starts to move and the roots under my feet begin to grow as vines up the walls....As they approach the ceiling they splinter like vericose veins and dangle and sway .... they begin to glow in all the colors of the rainbow....the colorful musical liquid is coarcing thru its veins and as the pressure builds they begin to grow musical fruit.... The fruit expands until it bursts from the ceiling raining musical rainbowcolored fruit juice from the sky ...dropping onto my tounge....I am soaked now ...dripping wet from the irrediscent rain thats pouring from the ceiling...... the  liquid on the ground is starting to rise and we wade thru the soup like were crossing a shallow stream..  we begin to float down stream towards the edge of the earth and drift off the cusp of the waterfall into the void.....
Enjoy!

jedifunk

kimock=overrated (waaaaaaaaaaay overrated)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

Hmmmmm....

ones man ceiling is another mans floor......
Enjoy!

VA $l!m

---if you want to talk kimock > see rowjimmy.

most insane experience? i'll get to that hopefully , but seeing as this thread doesn't have much traffic,
i'll start at the beginning w/ some background.

most of my experiences w/psychedelics were between 92-95, so details i don't really have , but anyway
notable highlights:
1.1st trip on L= sometime late 92/early 93 during freshmen year at william & mary (in williamsburg,va)
spent night coming down at friends house listening to 'picture of nectar' & really got into the music for the first time , even though i had been checking out phish, while i had been into the dead for the past few years. Also discovered the face of nectar on the cover for the 1st time.
2.RFK 93 dead: ate way too many boomers and ended up peaking throughout the entire 1st set  staring at peoples legs while sitting on the ground in the dead middle of the floor ---couldn't get off the lawn the entire set ,even though i tried b/c i was losing my mind...TO THIS DAY, i haven't gone onto the floor of a stadium or coliseum at a show , b/c of this experience.=BAD TRIP.
(side note , i eventually made it to the seats after setbreak , and tried to convince my girlfriend to leave the show , but she wouldn't---i broke up w/ her a couple of weeks later).
3.philly fall93 dead: 3 show run , definitely remember tripping my face off and after the last night , having to drive straight back to richmond, va.  One of my fav alltime car trips...and the 1st time i remember distinctly having the "who's tripping least" conversation that often happens in these situaions.
--driving down 95 either going 10mph or 100mph, depending how fast the jam in the tape deck was going, etc.,etc.
4.rfk 94 dead:  very good L trip, probably in top 2 or 3 as far as intensity goes:
totally faced , ,,i  remember sitting on shakedown after the show ,,just sitting/peaking and watching it all roll by...then someone handed me a balloon> and then  everything started to move in reverse... i mean like time and everything,--people were walking backwards on shakedown, etc...bugged me out until i saw the face of this guy i knew across the way, which  stopped the spin, but then i think if i remember correctly i decided i had to use this backwards / time control brain technology to find my way back to my car...
5.dorm room fall 94 vcu/richmond,va:  last big trip on L, got totally spun by some crazy asian raver dude...some serious mics i wasn't expecting / -ended up drooling on the floor over a small book of a collection of those stupid 3-d out of focus picture thingies(you know the shit that came out that you had to stare at for an hour/blur your vision - to see)>>anyway i decided that my 10/10 room was the last place i would ever have to be and that it was the entire world to me, and thanks to god i had this great f-ed up book of crazy visuals to stare at for eternity.

Then , there was that all defining trip.
early 95...just hanging out w/ real good fam... in dirty-rich.va
couple sisters and brothers >decided to make tea
next thing i know i had a life changing experience>
probably like a 12 hr trip...felt completely like a month or so though, no exageration.
mostly spent on the floor alone seeing everything in cartoon, and then progressively more introspective and like a vision,  ---now that i think about it , i remember roaring a lot like a lion for awhile , or something beastial like that...but the vision was a trip back through time >/ my/the collective unconscious,,(a concept i totally believe in)this being the memory of all past humanity that is stored and passed down through dna...i always had a real bad time w/ trips also b/c of my strict religious upbringing
and i definitely had visions of a crucifiction during my travels back through my dna's memory...
well i definitely am not putting anything near what i felt down in words, but one last thing i remember was finally sort of coming down as the sun rose , and looking out the window and seeing the largest morning star(venus?) i had ever seen...
all i know is that the few times i tried to trip after that , were never the same,,like trying to open a door that is already opened or something?

now mdma and its different psychedelic properties are a different story altogether;
-and i took advantage of those much more often at phishshows and much closer to the present day.
...but that's another thread. thanx for letting me share/hope you all think i'm a loon now. :shock:  :D  8)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Itsnotanexperience

do our stories have to be psychedellics-only?

zenster

Enjoy!

VA $l!m

i don't see why they would?
this is "RANDOM conversatons"
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Itsnotanexperience

shen i get home 2nite - i have quite the tale to tell..........no judgements,
please:) quite the nasty little adventure.........

jephrey

I was walking toward the front of Green Acres campground from the back right corner (Where N2O man hung out) but it was some L that was in me.  I turned around to look and the sun was going down.  Everything was a cartoon.  I then knew exactly where the dancing bears came from.  It was as if they could have been there.  The grass started flowing in waves, not big but noticeable.  And the sun, although low, was bright and yellow.  Pretty basic but I base the quality of the experience on the visuals.  This was very intense.  

I like stuff like that.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Itsnotanexperience

jedifunk - your story moved me to grab my old audio CD of 6/30/00
and oh---WOW - what a jam!!!!!  how have i missed THAT one all these years?!?!?  i
guess, i'll confess, that halley's have always rubbed me wrong, and therefore i missed THAT
version of halley's.......i must've hit rewind 20 times in a row on that last 10 mins before
mango - some of the sickest, grooviest, flying material i've ever heard them play, and that
solo of trey's may be the coolest solo i've heard him play - beautiful - i feel like a fool for having missed that simply b/c i wrote of a halley's.......

thanks for the story jf - i can totally see how that set looped around 20 times!

Hokker

Baltimore Civic Center 4-19-82 my second Dead show. Double dip blue dragons were the ride of the night. I cannot convey in words what the experience was like. By the time Phil was quoting "The Raven" I was dwelling in a psycedelic womb of my own making. I had a life changing experience. As a side note and nod to the porcelin story I had downed about 5 beers before this show and during the setbreak I must have pissed all of it out. Four people came in, pissed, and left before I was done! by the 3rd person I just could not stop laughing and my buddy who witnessed this display was amazed that a person could actually piss that much at once.

There was another time when I was really just unable to talk and was sitting there with some friends and figured out how everything worked, how the whole universe was interconnected and went to try to articulate this great universal truth and all that came out was UUUHHHHHH. My friend looked right at me(right into my very soul) and just said, "I know" I felt such euphoria that someone else knew this great truth I promptly forgot it. Oh well, no Nobel Prize in physics for me...
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa